𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟾

EMERY HAD NEVER FELT SO HAPPY

being back with her friends after they had been separated for so long was a high like none other, one she had only come close to experiencing with the strongest of jj's cousin's weed, which the maybank had given her for when she had a hard time sleeping.

but now, she felt like she couldn't stop smiling. normally, after a night like she had had where she slept on the boat, crammed onto the bench with mara, she would be exhausted and in bed by ten, but now, the moonlight beaming down on the boat, emery was incredibly energetic, with no thought of sleeping.

her friends seemed to be feeling the same, the group all laughing and exchanging stories between each other. however, their excitement clearly died down more than hers, as they were all passed out, laying across the boat with the exception of emery and jj, the blonde boy driving the boat while john b slept.

emery was laid across the roof of the boat, above where jj was captaining, mara asleep next to her. john b, pope, and levi were passed out on the bow, while kiara and ainsley were laid together on the bench where emery and mara had slept the previous night.

emery knocked on the hard plastic of the top, rolling over onto her side and looking over the edge when she heard footsteps below her, peering down as jj looked up at her, smiling up at her.

"want some company?" she whispered, jj shrugging and nodding, emery tossing her legs over the edge of the hard plastic and jumping off, her feet hitting the deck with a blunt 'thud' as the two walked back to the end of the boat, jj throttling down slightly and essentially just letting the boat float.

"so what happened while i was gone?" emery asked, the two of them sitting at the end of the boat on the floor, jj shrugging.

"we watched ward cameron murder his pilot and lost all the footage because of kie." he said bluntly, emery rolling her eyes.

"typical." she mumbled. "what'd she do now?"

"stepped on my hand when we were going down the ladder, made me fall so i kicked pope, he fell onto levi, and levi hit ainsley." jj ranted, emery slightly laughing at the thought of all of them falling down a ladder like a domino reaction.