𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺𝟺

THE POGUES HAD ALL CONGREGATED AT THE CHATEAU

jj had gone there early in the morning, kiara, pope, ainsley, and levi all sitting outside when john b, emery, and sarah all arrived in the twinkie. the five all ran to hug john b while emery, mara, and sarah went into the house to look for some clothes for the cameron girl to borrow, as all of their typical pogue-ish clothing practically lived at the chateau.

"okay, now that you have enough tank tops and button down shirts to clothe an entire village, i think we're good!" emery exclaimed with a smile. "want me to get walmart sacks for those while you take them to my house?"

"uh- yeah! that'd be great!" sarah replied, emery immediately leaving her and john b's room to find the plastic grocery sacks that she kept in a drawer in the kitchen.

"is she always this nice?" sarah mumbled to mara, struggling to see her over the large armful of tops, shorts, and bathing suits the two girls had given her.

"most of the time, yes." mara replied honestly. "not everyone can be a little ray of sunshine all the time, and emery's seen too much to be happy all the time, but she tries her best."

"okay, if they don't all fit in here then i can go get more- i hope ten is enough." emery told sarah with a smile, she and mara turning to help the cameron girl but her clothes in her bags.

"emery!" jj yelled from the living room. "emery!"

"what?" emery yelled back annoyedly. when jj rounded the corner, he was clutching his phone is his hand, eyes wide as he stared at his sister.

"i just got off the phone with the neighbors. something happened to mom." jj breathed. emery immediately stopped what she was doing, as did sarah and mara as the trio followed jj outside where the other pogues were already waiting in the twinkie for them.

"can you get going?" emery yelled as she slammed the back door of the twinkie, levi already outstretching the orange bottle he carried with him for his sister. she grabbed it, pouring two of the white capsules into her hand and swallowing them both dry before passing the bottle back to her brother.