𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟹

EMERY STOPPED THE TRUCK ABRUPTLY AT THE PORT

"this is arguably the worst idea we've had." john b said bluntly.

"worse than breaking into the cameron's house? y'know, what got us into this mess?" mara asked sarcastically as emery opted out of answering her boyfriend and just climbed out of the truck, nodding her head towards the dock where a boat was tied off.

"how do you even know that's their boat?" john b asked.

"because the cameron's boat is tied off right there." emery answered bluntly as she pointed at the light blue boat tied to the dock. "and i just saw terrance walk into the cabin. cleo's up on the roof." she added, pointing at the dark haired girl perched on top of the boat.

"i'm here to support emery in any decision she makes, and if the consequence of that is getting shot, then so be it." mara said bluntly, walking in pace with emery while john b trailed behind them slightly.

"look what the cat done dragged in." terrance said as the pogues stopped in front of the boat, emery's arms folded and an unamused look on her face.

"listen up, i have an offer and i don't like having to repeat myself, especially to those below me." the melville deadpanned, looking terrance up and down as she did.

"well, blondie, if it involves giving you your gold back, you can forget it." he replied shortly. "you're lucky i'm not on the phone with the cops right now."

"keep it, that little rock's peasant change in my bank account." emery retorted. "and you saw what was in the safe, right or wrong?"

"yeah, i did." terrance replied, unamused.

"and it was what we told you, correct?" emery questioned further, terrance falling silent.

"yeah, well, that things locked down tighter than a clamshell now." cleo pointed out, emery shrugging.

"no shit, but i can also guarantee you it won't stay there now." emery replied smoothly, looking around the boat. "i know my dad, and i know ward. that gold will be out of there within the next day if there's any chance that the security of it's been breached."