𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟼

EMERY LOOKED AT MARA WITH NARROW EYES

she knew her friend was okay now that she was stable. the doctor had left the room, she and john b left in the room with mara.

"she just needs to rest for a couple minutes, she'll come around." the doctor assured. "come in, have a seat." he told john b, emery keeping her eyes glued to the blonde on the table as she walked into the office, shutting the door quietly behind her.

"you guys have to be somewhere?" the man asked, emery nodding.

"we were with terrance when this happened." she explained. the conversation didn't go far, however, when the doors opened, mara swaying unsteadily in the doorway.

"woah!" john b exclaimed, emery jumping out of her chair to support her friend while she stood.

"whoa, girlie! you need to go lie down." the doctor demanded.

"how long was i out?" mara asked, panicked.

"nowhere near long enough." emery replied shortly.

"can we still make it to the wharf?" mara asked.

"no. no. we- it's over. okay?" john b explained, mara looking at the clock and shaking her head.

"we still have an hour." she argued.

"mar, you got shot." emery stated bluntly. "not even an hour ago, actually."

"i'm fine." mara snapped. "and if i wasn't, we'd know. we're getting to that boat."

"there's no point in arguing with her, let's go." emery said bluntly, already helping her friend out the door, but mara shoved her off, walking herself out the door and down the stairs, john b, emery, and the doctor behind her.

"mara, you shouldn't be standing let alone running right now." emery pressed.

"again, ems, i'm fine." mara repeated, essentially jogging through the bar. the trio stopped at a corner, looking around to hear sirens wailing and a cop car stopped with two men talking to an officer, clearly explaining what he saw when emery and mara got out of the truck.