𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟷

THE MORNING WAS HOT

THE MORNING WAS HOT.

it didn't help that emery and john b had fallen asleep in the hammock that night, the two of them laying out late into the night until the both fell asleep, john b's head on emery's chest as she played with his hair.

jj and pope had left early in the morning to go do grocery deliveries for heyward to earn some extra cash- at least, for jj, pope wasn't paid- leaving mara, john b, emery, and levi at the chateau where the group planned for a full day of surfing once the surf picked up, since kiara was stuck at the wreck again.

emery woke up to no john b laying next to her, looking around as she slowly recalled yesterday's events, the drone in the back of the twinkie, and her brother's love island crisis with rafe and ainsley, the girl smiling as she remembered how she had broken the kook's nose.

she stood up, stretching, john b's t-shirt falling just above the hem of her shorts, the blonde look starting for the chateau after slipping on the flip flops that had been left outside the previous night.

"morning, sunshine." levi called from the kitchen where he was attempting to put bread in the toaster.

"it only works on the left side and then you have to flip the toast because it only toasts on one side." emery explained, levi doing as he was told and putting the bread on the left side of the toaster.

"i need to talk to you about yesterday." he laid, cutting straight to the point, emery leaning against the fridge and folding her arms.

"talk to me about what?"

"you can't punch people because of me." levi pressed.

"he grabbed my arm, lee. he threatened me." emery replied exasperatedly. "i had to show that asshole that i'm not a little kid anymore and he can't do whatever he wants to me."

"emery, you hit him going upward, right?" levi confirmed, emery nodding slowly. "you hit him too hard you'll kill him, ems."

"what's the issue?"

"emery, stop!" levi shouted. "you can't go around punching people because of me and ainsley, you especially can't go around punching rafe."

"again, it had nothing to do with you and ainsley." emery yelled back. "rafe grabbed my arm and told me to watch my back- y'know when the last time was he told me that? when he beat the shit out of me in my own house."