31 - The love letter 4/23/1993

It was now Wednesday, I managed to look at the letter when I finished getting dressed. It was a..love letter? Did she give this to the right person? It couldn't be to me right? I shook my head and put the letter in the drawer of my desk and walked downstairs. And yes, I made sure to take my medicine and headed off to school. When I walked out the door, there Marlene was, sitting on the steps of my house. "What are you doing here Marlene?" I asked. She jumped and stood up and faced me. "I was waiting for you so we could walk to school together!" She smiled. I smiled back and pat my hand on her head. "Then let's go." And there we were, heading to school. The thoughts of the dead bodies in the bathroom came to my head. Why?! Why now?! The image of the bodies with blood flowing from the bodies slit opened mouths with blood running down their eyes haunted me. I froze and shook my head. I managed to stop thinking of those images. When we arrived at school Marlene led me somewhere quiet. I hated the quiet. It scared me more than anything. "Esther," she muttered. "Yes?" I replied. "Well, I've liked you for a while now.." Marlene said. I froze. I liked her too, but I couldn't say it, and now's the perfect time to. "I like you too Marlene." I replied. I looked at her to see widened eyes looking at me. I smiled. And our day started from there, we were together! That was the start of my happy life. Until..during one class, I walked to the bathroom. Once I turned the corner, there lay the dead body of another student. Blood was everywhere. The body's limbs were cut apart, their torso was torn open, their head was cut off, their mouth was sliced open, but deeper, and the eyes were cut out. I gagged. I took a glance at the mirror. A message written in blood saying 'I'll be back. I'll get revenge.' Shivers ran down my spine. Blood was on the wall, on the floor. It was everywhere. I nearly threw up. I ran out of there quickly and notified the security. Everyone in school was sent outside of the school, and sent home. I was petrified. I ended up walking home with Marlene. "Can I stay over at your house, Esther?" Marlene said. I nodded. I stayed quiet after what I had seen. "Thanks, My parents will be out of town for a few days. And I told my mom about what happened, and she told me to stay at your house for the time being." I nodded. Not a word came out of my mouth. I wanted to speak, but I just couldn't. I was traumatized, but didn't dare to tell Marlene anything. And so we walked to my house. Once we arrived, I greeted my mom and my sister. "We are home!" I said. "Welcome home! And Marlene I got your mom's message, you're free to stay as long as you want!" My mom said, Marlene nodded and we headed to my room. We settled down. What I saw would forever traumatize me.