Part 22

Third person POV

"Jaehyuk?" Asahi kept poking the older's forehead which is just beside him. "Yah Jaehyuk." The younger called in his sleepy voice. "Jaehyuk!" The elder quickly looked at the younger and hugged him tight.

"I got so worried." The older backed away and held the younger's hand. "You've been unconscious for a week. You missed a lot of classes and creatures are trying to kill you."

"Tsk. You're always there to help me though." The older sighed and felt the younger's forehead. "Hmm! Keep your hands to yourself! I'm fine." The younger sat down and hugged a pillow. "I feel like I'm paralyzed. Aigoo.." the younger kept moving his shoulders, twisting his waist and kicking his feet.

"Are you hungry? You haven't ate for a week." The old stood up and fixed his uniform. "I'll get you something from the kitchen. Let's just hope I won't get caught."

"You still have those rainbow gardenias?" The younger asked, his eyes fully open. "I kind of forgot its taste.. Hehe." The truth is, the younger was just teasing him. As if he will really get one for me.

"I'll look for it. Don't! Leave the room." The older was about to go out when the younger stood up and pulled him back. "Why? You have a list?"

"I was messing with you and I ain't hungry. I just feel tired and sleepy. What really happened to me?"

"The high sorcerer said your powers are trying to break free. You were cursed when you were a kid that's why you never found out about it and you can't use it."

"Hmm.. Why am I cursed tho? And why the heck were we living in the human world? I really think something's wrong Jaehyuk. Everyone's keeping it from me."

"Don't think about that for now. You should get some rest and regain your energy. I'll stay here until you get better." Asahi laid back on the bed, hugging a pillow. "Why do you always sleep with a pillow?"

"There's a story. When I was a kid, I would always fall from bed and I would have this awful red bump the next morning. I would run to my mom and cry about it. She gave me this fluffy pillow and she told me to hug it everytime so I won't fall. I got used to it, I think."

"I should see you as a kid." He laughed making Asahi glare at him. "Just kidding. You know? My mom is also like that. She would always sleep with me on the bed until I was seven. She told me that I'm old enough to sleep by myself when I turned eight."

"You know what? I love hearing our memories as a kid. Keep talking Jaehyuk.." the Korean chucked and sat on the end of the bed. "That way I could fall asleep."

"Okay. My dad kept saying this to me before I go to sleep. He said that, someone wanted to kill me when I was a baby. Different creatures would enter my room and attempted to do it. One night, a petrifier went inside my room and tried to turn me into stone. Mom suddenly lost it and she became over protective since then."

"Why would they want to kill you?" The Korean shrugged his shoulders and looked outside the window.

"Jealousy. That's what they said.. And revenge. Vampires had always been the richest and well-known creatures in Parailla. Everyone feared our kind. Maybe they wanted to kill me because of that."

"Do.. Do they still attempt to kill you?"

"The last time I remember.. I was thirteen when someone tried to kidnap me and put me inside a sack. I was quick and did everything I can to escape. I'm old enough to defend myself that's why they stopped."

"And now they're trying to kill me. What the fuck am I exactly? Is it also because of jealousy? Or revenge?"

"I don't know. But the high sorcerer said, you have beautiful powers. I'm sure these creatures are just jealous of it. You're Lilac Warrior's relative after all."

"Actually.. I think I heard him talking to me once. Well, not literally but he spoke to me. he told me to be careful because someone or something might kill me.. Something like that."

"And you should follow him so you won't get in trouble again." The Korean stood up and walked towards the door.

"Yah! Where are you going? I thought you'll stay here until I get better?"

"I'll find you something to eat. I don't believe your lie that you're not hungry. Don't worry, I'll be back." He left and closed the door.

"Aigoo.. He's really doing a lot for me." Asahi sighed and meddled with his fingers. "So he was also chased by creatures before.." he looked at the ceiling and didn't speak a word. Everything was quiet but his heartbeat started racing. "What's the matter with me? Am I getting nervous?" He closed his eyes and turned to the other side but the feeling won't go away. "Ugghh!" He stood up and left the room. "Something's wrong."

Asahi left the tower and looked for Jaehyuk. he kept calling the older's name but he wasn't answering. he went to the dinning room and sneaked inside the kitchen but he wasn't there too.

"Where the fuck did he go this time?" His heart kept beating fast. "Something's not right... Jaehyuk?!" he looked around the dining room but there wasn't any sign of the older. "Jaehyuk!" He ran towards the empty main hall. "Jaehyuk!" His voice just echoed but the Korean wasn't answering. "Where the fuck.."

he went to the restrooms but the Korean wasn't there. He ran to the hallway and checked every classroom.

"Shit. Where is he?!" he left the hall and ran to the dorm. "Yoon Jaehyuk!" he shouted and ran upstairs. "No, no, no, no.. What happened to you? Jaehyuk?"

He nervously opened the door and saw the taller bleeding on his bed.

"Jae-" he ran towards the older and saw a knife on the side of his waist. "Yoon Jaehyuk!" He was breathing heavily with blood coming out from his mouth. "Ani.. Ani, ani, what happened?!" The younger carefully pulled the knife and threw it away. "Jaehyuk. Jaehyuk can you hear me?! Jaehyuk!"

The Korean was about to to close his eyes but seeing Asahi scared and about to cry made him try to get up.

"Jaehyuk.." the Japanese helped him sit and looked at his stabbed part. "W-what do I do? Should I ask the high sorcerer for help?"

"I'll be okay." The Korean quickly took off his shirt, making the Japanese look away. "I can heal myself." He was still panting but not as heavy as before. His cut suddenly closed and healed slowly.

"I thought you were gonna die!" The Japanese quickly climbed the Korean's bed and hugged him. "You scared me you fucking dork!!"

"Healing takes time. I have to feel the pain before I can go back to my senses. I'm sorry for worrying you." He hugged the Japanese and patted his back. "I'm fine now."

"Don't get hurt again or I'm gonna have a heart attack." The Japanese pulled away and sat beside him. "Did you see who did this?" The Korean shook his head. "I thought they stopped attempting to kill you?"

"Looks like I was wrong. You're not the only one these creatures are after. I should be careful myself too."

"You should. No matter how much I want to kill you with sunlight, I had no idea I'll lose my shit when I see you bloody and looking so lifeless. Stay alive Jaehyuk. You told me you will always protect me whatever happens. In order for you to do that.. You have to stay alive."