Part 27

Third person POV

Jaehyuk looked at Asahi's state. The younger's was unconscious for weeks. His cuts and bruises healed but he never woke up which made the older scared. "Asahi." He caressed the younger's face and sighed. "I should've came and saved you. I'm always too late."

"Jaehyuk?" The high sorcerer called. "It's past your bed time. You should go back to the dorm. Asahi is gonna be okay. I've asked two guards to guard this room for tonight. I'll be sleeping at Mr. Kim's again. You should rest too. You've been staring at him the whole day."

"I just want him to wake up already. I miss hearing his scolding me and making fun of me. I don't want his like this." He said and held the younger's hand. "Wake up Asahi."

"He'll go through many things Jaehyuk. This is just the start. When the time comes, you have to be by his side."

"I'll never leave him." The high sorcerer smiled and nodded. "I'll stay here. We have to be extra careful. I don't want the same thing to happen again."

"If you say so." The sorcerer left and closed the door.

Jaehyuk lied on the couch near the bed and looked at the younger once more time. "Good night Asahi. Please be okay when I wake up tomorrow." He said and tucked himself in, closing his eyes.

It's almost two and the whole place was so quiet. The ticking of the clock can be heard clearly and when the clock striked two, bell sounds were suddenly heard.

Asahi's eyes fluttered open and looked around the room. he saw Jaehyuk sleeping peacefully on the couch and smiled.

His attention was suddenly caught by a half opened door near an old pendulum. He had the urge to stand and walk towards it. "What's in here?" He asked and stepped in.

He suddenly found himself in a garden. He was only barefooted so he can feel the soft grass, tickling his feet. He continued walking and passed by a pathway with purple flowers along the way.

There was a pond where dolphins would suddenly jump. He gasped after seeing them do it in front of him. "Cool."

He found himself standing under a big tree with white and yellow colored flowers, surrounded by pretty fireflies of different colors. He jumped and picked a flower. Its petals suddenly flew and turned into a butterfly.

He kept walking and saw a waterfall at the end of the pathway. He ran towards it and stopped, seeing it glitter and sparkle like thousands of diamons falling down. "Woah.. I didn't know Parailla had such place."

Asahi slowly stepped on the water and shivered at its coldness. He put his hands together and tried to catch a handful of the falling water. He giggled like a kid and looked up to where it's coming from.

His thoughts were suddenly cut by hearing footsteps from behind. He slowly turned around and saw someone walking towards him. His face wasn't clear but as he walks closer, Asahi's heartbeat raced. "Don't come any closer!" He shouted but the boy didn't stop.

He stepped out of the water and walked backwards. The boy suddenly ran towards him making Asahi run away from the boy. He was about to hide behind a bush when the boy pulled his arm. Asahi widened his eyes seeing the boy's eyes turn purple.

"Let me go!" He tried to get away and pushed the boy away from him. "Whatever you are.. I am not letting you hurt me!"

"I just did." Asahi looked at his feet. It was slowly fading along with the boy's hands. "You can never fight me Asahi." The boy said and disappeared.

The whole place started shaking and he didn't know what to do. He looked at his feet which is slowly fading. "No, no, no.. What's happening?!" He ran towards the door but before he got out, he totally faded.

***********

"No!" He shouted, sitting on the bed and panting. "What?" He looked around and realized he was in the high sorcerer's room. "That was a dream?" He turned to Jaehyuk who is suddenly sleeping on the floor. "Jaehyuk?"

He stood up and walked towards the older, shaking him to wake up. The older grunted and pulled his blanket up.

"Yah Jaehyuk." He called but the older didn't answer. The older pushed his hand away instead. "Yoon Jaehyuk! Asahi's awake! Get up!" The older quickly opened his eyes and saw the younger looking at him. "Rise and shine dork."

"Asahi!" He exclaimed and hugged the younger tight. "You woke up.. Finally!" He hugged the older back and rested his face on the older's shoulder. "I've been waiting for you to wake up. You've been asleep for weeks. I was really worried that I couldn't hear your voice again."

"Silly. I'm Hamada Asahi." The younger pulled away and smiled. "Yah.. I.. Thanks for saving me again. I really thought I was done for."

"Do you think I'll let you die? I'd die first before that happens." The younger stood up and pulled the older up to stand.

"I'm feeling better. I had this crazy dream though. Someone tried to kill me and he told me that I could never fight him. Do you think he's the one behind all these?"

"Could be. Do you know him?" The younger shook his head and looked down. "Maybe it's just nothing. You know dreams.. It's just a fictional movie your brain directs." Jaehyuk said

"Maybe. But I can't be sure. Dreams can also be manipulated by someone else, Jaehyuk. You said it yourself, I should get used to the unusual things. It could be someone who wants me dead and used my dreams to scare me."