▒97▒ 🔸 Shadows of the Past - 4 🔸

⬛◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾◽▪️◽▪️◽▪️◽▪️◽⬜

After the royal ball, Anisha and Izana found themselves frequently meeting in the library. They had formed a unique bond, one that was forged through laughter and the shared challenge of the riddle.

Izana explained that the reason for his frequent visits to the palace was his involvement with the crown prince, who now assumed the role of the emperor due to the emperor's illness.

Their meetings in the library became a sanctuary where they could escape the demands of the palace and share moments of laughter, deep conversation, and a growing friendship. Anisha had found not only the answer to a riddle but also a kindred spirit in Izana, and their connection continued to flourish amidst the towering shelves of books and the whispers of ancient knowledge.

Anisha's heart swelled with warmth as she realized that in Izana, she had found more than just a friend. He was a confidant, a source of laughter, and a companion who had helped her break free from the chains of her isolation. Their growing friendship was a precious gift, a light that had dispelled the shadows that had clouded her life.

But their connection was complex. Anisha couldn't ignore the differences in their roles within the royal court. She was the crown princess, burdened with the weight of expectations and responsibilities that came with her position.

Izana, on the other hand, was the son of the Marquess, free-spirited and seemingly unburdened by the constraints of royalty. Yet, he held a vital role in advising the crown prince, now acting as the emperor, in matters of state. Their positions were vastly different, and it sometimes left Anisha wondering if their friendship could survive the complexities of the royal court..

She couldn't deny the comfort and strength she found in his presence, and she was determined to cherish this friendship that had breathed life into her world of solitude..

In the cozy library, Anisha and Izana sat at a wooden table, munching on cookies from Anisha's secret stash. Leah, being the observant nanny, had seen her take them but only smiled..

The cookies were sweet and crumbly, and the library felt warm and comforting, like a cocoon of knowledge. Anisha and Izana had become good friends over time, and now, they were at ease with each other.

With a friendly glint in her eye, Anisha said softly,

"That's not fair that only I call you by your name! As we are friends, I also want you to call me by my name.."

"Oh my!! How could I?! Do you want me to get executed, your majesty?"

Izana said with a dramatic tone..

"Seshh! Drama! 😒
But yeah, you are right.. It would be a problem if they knew about it.."

Anisha mumbled and continued,

"Izana, then when we're here alone, just call me by my name. I would feel much more comfortable that way.."

Izana's grin widened,

"Okay, Anisha it is.."

After brief jokes and convos, their conversation soon turned serious as Izana explained why he was frequently visiting the palace. Anisha listened closely, taking in every word..

"Edgar, I mean His Highness the Crown Prince, is now handling the emperor's work because of the emperor's sickness."

Izana paused a little,