▒9▒ 🔸 The Life Tree 🔸

●○○●●●●○○●○○⏳○○●○○●●●●○○●

The high priest of The temple of Beatrice... Mauli...a man in his mid thirties..or maybe a little more..not sure..

He became the high priest in the age of 17

He lived in the slums and on day discovered by a temple priest for having divine powers..and this is how his life of a high priest starts..
He is an intelligent man with great source of knowledge..

If I ask him...I guess, I would know something atleast...Okay, let's do it...

"Well there's something I want to know"

"Yes, please..."
He looked at me with a soft smile..

"Well....my questions must be a little weird...."

"Hmmmm..don't worry lady..You can ask anything.. If its beyond my knowledge I will answer it..."

Okay..keep clam..and ask him...relax..

"Well...is it possible to come back life after you have already died?"

I said it!! I said it!!! He will think I'm crazy!! Ow no!

"Well...though I'm not sure..but there's some kingdoms that actually believes in it..you will born again based on your past lives"

"........well...but is it possible to go back on past? I mean, you die in your current life and go back to a certain point of that life?!"

".........."

"Hahaahaa...I know I'm not making sense... Sorry to waste your time.."

Ahh!! I shouldn't have asked...I should leave now!

"Why are you asking this question, lady?"

"Huh? Well.....ummmm...because I was just curious?"

Oh no..I'm getting nervous..

".....just curious?"

"Well someone actually asked me this..and I really don't know about it...so that's why I'm little curious about it.."

Damn!! I'm not good with lying... Please buy it!! Please buy it!!

"Oh I see....lady must really love to know new things..."

Mauli gave a bright smile but this time his eyes seemed different.. Like he's judging me? Or maybe not?
Am I being delusional?

"Huh? Yeah...hahaaa...that's right..."

Relax Anisha..relax!

"Well, this kind of travel might have been possible in the past..but not anymore, I think.."

"Huh? What?!!!"

"Yes...lady, do you know about the 'Life Tree' in the imperial palace..?"

"Yeah! ....I mean...Yes..I heard about it..."

"Yes...So, when the Goddess Beatrice helped the first emperor to build this empire, she gifted him with three blessings..

Blessing of hearing the gods Oracle, blessing of manipulating mana and finally the Life Tree..
The Life Tree, which is said to fulfill ones deepest desire..One pure wish..

Though people now thinks of it as a mere myth, but I think its more than what we can think..."

"Huh? The Life Tree? It fullfills ones wish?"

I'm dumbfounded now.. What is he saying..?

"Not just any mere wish...it has to be a pure wish...ones deepest desire ~
A desire that sometimes ones own self doesn't realizes...."

".....but I heard it didn't bloomed for more than 600/500 years?"
I asked being curious..

"...yes...that's quite true... People think of it as a dead tree now.. But because of its beauty people still admires it.."

".........."

"Don't just judge it from its outer appearance...You never know what is hidden inside it..."

He smiled and looked at me with straight eyes,

"I guess with this, I filled little bit of lady's curiosity..."

"Ah....yes...thank you....thank you so much...You really helped a lot.....I mean I was really curious...ummmm...thank you so much..."

I bowed infront of him..

"Ah! Lady please don't bow before me...you were just curious about something and I helped you out with my limited knowledge.. There's no need to feel burdened..
Well, I have to go now.. Hope to see you again.. May the gods marcy fell upon you and your family ~"

He smiled and walk away from the library...

I sat there still for a moment....what? The Life Tree? A pure wish?
Turn back time!!
Did I wished something like that?
I don't remember wishing something like that..
But still...deepest desires..
No way!!
Ugh!!

**Tremble**

So....so that means I....I traveled back in time...!!
That! That wasn't a dream??

●○○●●●●○○●○○ ⏳ ○○●○○●●●●○○●

A/N : (photo not mine)

Finally she knows!!
And,
The Life Tree.. 🎋
Let's see, what its gonna give us next...