XXXI | Not So Brave

23.09.23
1,444 words

𓍊𓋼𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𖡼.𖤣𖥧

ANGST ANGST BUT GOOD ANGST????

𓍊𓋼𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𖡼.𖤣𖥧

the next day, chan seemed distant.

he was usually talkative and made stupid jokes that annoyed everyone.

but he wasn't really doing anything.

it was a boring sunday afternoon when changbin and jisung walked into chan's bedroom.

the other three boys noticed the absence of the others but decided to leave at alone after felix confessed he saw changbin and jisung go into chan's room, aka changbin's guest room.

it had been almost fifteen minutes after the boys went to talk.

and minho's leg wasn't helping him cover the fact he was very nervous about what the boys could be talking about in that bedroom.

they were in the lounge room watching a random kdrama that hyunjin was interested in.

as he was deep into the tv show, felix noticed minho's off vibe.

the shaking leg failed him after felix placed his hand on the boy's thigh to stop it from moving then giving him a smile full of pity.

minho sighed under his breath.

soon enough, but what felt like an eternity for minho, jisung and changbin left the bedroom and walked into the lounge room.

without saying a word to the interested boys, they just sat down on the couches.

minho sat up straight and faced the boy beside felix.

"how is he?" he whispered.

changbin wrapped an arm around felix's shoulder and crossed one leg over the other as he looked over at the younger boy.

"not great, if i'm being honest. he wouldn't say anything. we literally had to restrain him to change his bandage." changbin sighed.

minho's eyebrows furrowed.

"restrain?! what the actual fuck changbin! he was literally just like- harassed and you thought it would be a good idea to hold him down?!" minho whisper shouted.

changbin put his hands up in defence.

"what else were we supposed to do? he wouldn't let us near him!" changbin replied back.

minho scoffed.

"i don't know, maybe actually be smart and think for a second!" minho spat before he got off the couch and quickly made his way to the room chan was in.

as he got to the door, he stopped for a second to calm himself down and take a deep breath.

after a moment of waiting, he knocked on the door gently and waited a second before slowly opening the door.

as he stepped into the room, he saw a large lump on one of the corners on the bed.

he smiled slightly to himself.

but it was quick to leave his face as he started hearing sniffling and small sobs.

"chan..?" minho asked gently as he quickly walked over to the boy who was entirely under the covers.