Mr. Pigeon

At Francoise Dupont, Mr. Damocles talks to the students about a fashion design competition. He is standing in the middle of the classroom with the teacher next to him and a projector behind them showing the competition poster.

"You only have ten hours to develop your own clothes, which must be unique. And the finished product will be judged by none other than the famous fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste. Needless to say, he is Y/N's and Adrien's father." Mrs. Bustier presses a button on the remote control and Gabriel Agreste's image appears on the projector.

The class gasps happily as the twins just smile in embarrassment.

"In fact, Y/N and Adrien will be wearing the winning design in their next photo shoot." Marinette gasps in surprise and smiles at Alya, who smiles back and puts her hand on her shoulder.

"And now let's see what will be the basis of all this. A Derby hat!" The teacher presses a button again and now a derby hat appears. Marinette and Alya look at each other thoughtfully. "Derby hats?" the blue haired one asks her friend, but then notices Chloé giving a mocking thumbs down.

--------------------------------------

During the break, Marinette walks up and down with her sketchbook in hand. She tries to find any sketch that even remotely resembles a derby hat. "Derby hats, derby hats, derby hats, derby hats. I don't have any derby hat designs. I've got top hats, caps, even two horn hats. Need a beret? I'm your girl! A sombrero? No problemo. But a derby?!" Alya just giggles at the girl.

"You know what, it doesn't matter because I know I'm going to make an idiot of myself. I'm going to trip over my own hat and fall on Mr. Agreste, giving him a concussion. And if that wasn't enough, Y/N is going to hate me and my dream of becoming a fashion designer is all ruined. My life is over!"

The girl dramatically rests her head on Alya's thigh. "You know, you could go to a drama course. This show was right there." The blue-haired one glared at the girl, and the other just giggled again. "But would all that be ruined by a derby hat? I don't think so. Let me see your sketches, girl."

Alya takes it out of her hand and starts looking at it. "There must be something here." Marinette sits next to her and rests her head on her legs. "Forget it, I'm a disaster. I'll probably screw it up in the end." The two didn't notice another figure approaching them until the person spoke.

"Wow, Alya! Those are amazing designs. I didn't know you had such a talent for this." The blonde complimented her. The blue haired fell off the bench in fright. "Thanks Y/N, but those compliments aren't for me, they're for Marinette!" Alya points at the girl, and Marinette sheepishly waves at her.

"You are very talented Marinette! I think you have a great chance to win this competition." she smiled at the girl who felt herself start to blush. She felt like she should say something, but it wasn't the best idea in her confusion.

"Um, well, yes. Yes, I like to make designs. Do these all go perfectly...on the head?" The other two looked at her a bit strangely before the brunette started to wave her hands to quickly correct herself. "Um, the point is, thank you!" Alya put her head in her hands.

"Anytime Marinette! Who knows, maybe me and Adrien will be wearing your hat for our next photo shoot. Good luck!" Y/N waved at her then went to find Nino and her brother.

Marinette watched her leave with a softened smile and loving eyes. Alya walked over to her. "Well, let's just say it wasn't that bad. But did you hear, girl? Y/N says you have a great chance of winning!" The two cheered happily.