Captain Hardrock

Y/N was in her room playing the piano. Gabriel sat on the couch and listened to her play with his eyes closed. Nathalie and Adrien were standing next to the couch. He had already listened to Adrien and there was no problem.

She played the piano with a slightly sad look as she paid attention to the melody. However, she accidentally pressed the wrong key. She glanced worriedly at her father and hoped he hadn't heard it, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. He held up his hand to stop.

"I've heard enough." He stood up and walked behind her. "Are you sure you're practicing, Y/N?" She looked sadly in front of herself and then spoke.

"Don't get me wrong, Father, I love playing the piano, but I always have to play the same tunes. If I could play other tunes, I'm sure I could improve a lot. Plus, I could play with other musicians."

"We Agrestes are soloists. We're not mere group members. I suggest you rehearse your piece some more. You'll play it for me again later today."

The twins gasped at him. "But, Father. You promised that we could attend our friends' concert." Adrien objected quickly.

"I'll let you go Adrien, but not Y/N." now he turned to the girl. "Not after that performance you've just given, which is probably due to their influence. You need to refocus, Y/N." With that he and Nathalie walked out of the room.

Y/N looked sad on the outside but was angry on the inside. She might not have been able to play the piano perfectly, but what right did he have to blame her friends? It's true that she loved playing the piano, but since she became Kitty Noir, she hadn't had enough time to practice properly.

Adrien looked at her regretfully, then sat down next to her. "Hey, it's okay. I'm sure you did everything you could. Besides, I know how much you love playing the piano, so there must be a reason why it didn't work out." comforted her.

He actually wondered why she hadn't succeeded, but he knew now wasn't the time for questions.

"I'm not going." he said as Y/N looked at him in surprise. "What? Why?" Adrien just smiled at her. "It's not fair that one of us can go and the other can't. If you can't go, I don't want to either."

"That's nice of you, Adrien, but I don't want you to don't leave just because of me. I know you want to leave just as much as I do. I don't want to hold you back. You deserve to leave."

Adrien wanted to object but Y/N interrupted him. "Please, Adrien. Just don't worry about it, I'll take care of it. I promise I'll leave today too." He stared at her for a moment, then sighed and nodded. He wanted to protest, but he knew he couldn't convince her.

"Okay. But really promise you'll come." Y/N just smiled and nodded. "I promise."

--------------------------------------

Adrien was now standing in front of his classmate's home, which was actually a ship. He walked up a little unsteadily, but slowly. It was strange for him to be here without Y/N. He knew he had to trust her. She promised that she would be here and she didn't break her promises.

He walked up and the others were a little surprised. They didn't expect him to be here in the end. Although their surprised faces faded as everyone was now smiling that he was here.

"Hey dude! You're here! But where is Y/N?" Nino asked, wrapping his arms around his shoulders. Marinette and Alya walked closer to them. "Hey, Nino. Well, Y/N wasn't let go by dad. She accidentally made a mistake while playing the piano, so he got mad and...well, I guess you get the idea."