Gamer

In the Francoise Dupont library, students played a video game. Right now, Y/N and Max were competing with each other.

Both are focused as they attack each other's robots. The girl played with a cat-like robot, while the boy played with a triangle head. Y/N's robot took a hit at Max's, damaging it enough that it disintegrated, giving her the win. Now she was first, with Max a close second.

"Y/N is now in the lead." said Miss Bustier who criticized the competition. The others cheered for her victory, while Max looked a little disappointed. Y/N noticed this and was about to say something when Max smiled and spoke.

"Awesome job! We're gonna make a killer combo." he said, then they gave each other a high five. Mr. Damocles was about to announce them as the winners when suddenly Marinette ran over.

"Wait! Uh, is it too late to try out?" she asked. "Well, the library is closing up in five minutes but-" he couldn't finish as she walked over and sat down on one of the chairs and reached out for one of the controllers. Y/N smiled and then handed her the controller.

Max sat down next to her to explain the rules, but Marinette interrupted him and told him she knew how to play the game. Max nodded and then they started selecting their robots. Marinette chose a ladybug theme, while Max chose the triangle head again.

They started playing, which quickly impressed the others. Marinette played very well. She didn't look like she really needed a lot of concentration, but Max did, who looked quite nervous. After a few minutes, the girl was already cheering, even though she had defeated him.

The others watched in amazement. "What, I can't believe it. She-She beat him?" Kim said in disbelief, "Beat him? She pulverized him!" Alya cheered.

"I accept this defeat. I relinquish my position in the tournament. Congratulations, Marinette and Y/N." Max said, then sadly walked towards the door. "Max, wait!" Adrien called after him. "Look, I'm fine. I lost fair and square but if you don't mind, I'd like a little solitude." with that he left the library.

"So, Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Y/N Agreste will represent Francoise Dupont high school at the Paris Ultimate Mecha Strike 3 tournament. Good luck to both of you." Mr. Damocles stated and walked away.

"I'd tell you to come to my home to practice, but my father probably wouldn't let it. So you don't mind if I go over to your place?" asked the blonde. Marinette smiled and then nodded firmly. "Yes, of course!"

Y/N smiled then waved at her and walked over to Adrien. The boy looked at her with a teasing smile.

"So you and Marinette at her house...just the two of you huh?" He teased her as he raised an eyebrow. She smiled faintly and then rolled her eyes.

"Stop it. Don't think anything bad. We're just going to practice. Well, her parents will probably be home." she said, but Adrien was still grinning at her. "I know. But I can't wait for you to realize that you love her and then you can get together. Also, my ship will finally sail."

She sighed and tapped his shoulder lightly. "We'll find out, Adrien. Let's not rush anything." They then walked out of the library.

--------------------------------------

At Agreste Castle, Y/N was just putting her things down. She suddenly sighed. Now comes the part where she has to ask her father if she can go. She walked out of her room to go to her father's office, but before she could knock, Nathalie stopped her.

"Your father is very busy right now Y/N. What would you want?" She started playing with her hands in her nervousness. "Um, I wanted to ask him if he would let me go to a friend's house. We were going to practice for a video game contest."