Chameleon

The new year has begun, and so is the first day of school. As usual, Marinette was late again, so she frantically ran towards the school.

She quickly ran through the door before Myléne's father could close it. She muttered a soft apology and then ran up to the classroom. When she opened the door, she was surprised to see that everyone was sitting in a completely different place compared to the previous year.

There were a few students who were sitting there, and there were also students who, although elsewhere, were still next to each other. The twins, for example, were sitting in the first pew and talking. Nino, on the other hand, was now sitting next to Alya on the bench behind them.

She walked over to Alya and was not necessarily bothered by the fact that she was interrupting their conversation. "Hey Alya. What's all this? Why is everyone sitting somewhere else?" She didn't necessarily mind that. She was actually quite happy about it.

Next to the twins, there was an empty seat, as the front benches were for three people. She mentally cheered that she could sit next to Y/N.

"Well, since it's a new year, that means new seating options." this sentence was somewhat similar to the statement Chloé had made to her earlier last year. In contrast, there was no ill-temper in this. "Your place is over there anyway." this time she pointed to the last bench in the row of benches by the window.

"At the back? Why? What's going on?" she inquired and leaned closer to her. "Well, since she's got a hearing issue, there's no way she could sit at the back of the class, right? Which means she needed a place up in the front." Nino explained to her.

"So, to make it work, Ivan sat next to Myléne, Nath sat next to Alix, besides she came up with the idea of ​​moving Nino here. So now we get to spend more time together!" continued Alya this time.

Marinette just looked at them confused. Who was she? Who could they be talking about? Maybe a new classmate has arrived? "Who is this 'she'?" This time she voiced her thoughts.

"Good morning students!" came the voice of Miss Bustier, who had just entered the room. "I'm sure you've all heard by now, but Lila's home from her trip to Atchoo and she's back in school with us again!" while Lila walked into the classroom next to her.

"Hi everyone!" she greeted them, and the class greeted her back enthusiastically. Everyone except Marinette because she looked a little lost. "Oh, a seat in the front row! You all remembered my hearing issue! You're such sweethearts, all of you."

She sat down next to the twins and looked at them happily. "You have a hearing problem, Lila?" Marinette asked suspiciously with crossed arms. She knew she was a liar. This is probably just one of her many lies.

"Yes, I suffer from tinnitus, a constant ringing in my left ear. I've had it ever since the sound of an airplane engine burst my eardrum on the runway when I was saving Jagged's kitten." she explained. It was too unimaginable to be true.

"Isn't Jagged Stone's pet a crocodile?" Marinette asked, hoping that would get the better of her. "Now it is, yes. But he had a kitten until he found out he was allergic to it." now she turned to the twins and crawled closer to them, though mainly to Y/N.

"The best part is, since you're such an excellent student, Y/N, you'll be able to help me catch up on all the schoolwork I messed up while I was traveling with my parents. Would you do that for me? "

Y/N looked at her slightly uneasily. Although she smiled innocently, she could almost feel that her eyes were staring into her soul and waiting for her desired answer. "Sure Lila." she mumbled and tried to lean into Adrien more.