The Collector

At Agreste Castle, Nathalie was in Y/N's bedroom where she was showing them pictures on the tablet. The pictures showed them taking the book from the safe.

"Why did you take the book?" Gabriel asked, standing with his back to them. The two of them sat on the sofa while they looked at each other worriedly. "We-We just wanted to know what you were hiding behind that portrait that was so important. You...You never told us about those things." Y/N started.

"We were intending to give it back to you, we swear. But then...we lost it." Adrien continued. They bowed their heads in guilt. "How can I possibly trust you again, Y/N and Adrien?" Gabriel asked, his face still deadly calm.

"Sorry. We'll get you another copy." Adrien said, but then Gabriel growled. "It's one of a kind! The book's the source of my inspiration." his hands clasped behind his back. The two looked at him in fear. "We didn't know that." Adrien lamented.

"We hardly know anything about you, Father. Maybe you could open up to us a little sometimes." Y/N said as she said the last sentence a bit softly.

"You won't be returning to school. You'll be home-schooled again, with Nathalie." They gasped at that statement. They didn't even have time to protest, as the two adults had already left the bedroom.

They sat in silence for a moment until Y/N spoke. "It's my fault. I shouldn't have just taken the book. Now we're in trouble because of me. I'm so sorry." she said as she put her head in her hands. Adrien looked at her sadly, then moved closer to her and took her hands from her face.

"Hey, it's okay. You couldn't know. I was in on it anyway. I was interested in the book too. Honestly, he couldn't blame us. He's hiding a lot and it's understandable if we're curious. So please don't blame yourself. We'll find a solution to this, I promise." he comforted her.

She smiled faintly and hugged him. He happily hugged her back.

--------------------------------------

After a few minutes, Adrien went back to his own room. Y/N started playing with the foosball and was thinking. Plagg was looking at her a little pityingly, so he decided to try to cheer her up a bit.

"Well, look on the bright side. Your father could have found out about me. It's a good think we kwamis can never be filmed or photographed. Ah, those photographers have no idea what they're missing."

"We've gotta find that book, or we'll never be allowed to return to school." she explained as Plagg flew to her side in disbelief. "Return to school? Are you crazy? No more homework, no more alarm clocks. We should be celebrating! Hey, I know." he flew away and returned with a bottle containing a piece of cheese.

"I named this piece El Plaggo. It's been maturing for 999 days." he explained with satisfaction as Y/N looked at it in disgust. Then they started hearing sounds that sounded like someone smashing something. She quickly ran out the door of the room.

As she came out of the room, she saw that Adrien had also come out, then they looked at each other for a moment and ran down to the office where the voices came from. Their bodyguard followed them closely. Nathalie stood in front of the door and held out her hand to stop them.

"Your father is very busy. Shouldn't you two be practicing the piano right now?" They were saddened as the bodyguard escorted them back to their room.

When Y/N got back to the room she put her phone on the music player and started some music. She grabbed a remote control and pressed a button that opened one of the windows.