Ladybug

At Francoise Dupont, the bell rang for the first class, so everyone walked into the classroom.

Marinette took her seat as she listened to another lie from Lila passing by. This time, she told Nathaniel that she was a friend of the best manga publisher in Japan. She was already furious in her mind. It was only morning, but she had to listen to this already.

"She's such a liar!" she growled as Alya looked at her confused. "You gotta stop obsessing over her, Marinette." she said while the other just looked at her with narrowed eyes. "You don't find these claims strange at all? I mean, they're too unbelievable, too many. She doesn't even have proof."

Alya seemed to get a bit carried away by this, as she seemed to stutter a bit as she tried to answer. She was unable to say her answer, however, as Miss Bustier spoke.

"I've graded your mock exam papers. Most of you did quite well. Some...better than others. But, before I hand them back, Marinette, could you bring your school bag to me, please? I need to check something."

Marinette was a bit surprised and looked confused at Alya, who had an equally confused face. She had no idea what she could have done, but she was sure it was nothing. She always paid attention. Nevertheless, she brought her school bag over and placed it on the table.

"Today, someone placed an anonymous note in my mailbox, claiming that you'd stolen the exam answers." she began as she opened the bag and began to search inside. After a few moments, she pulled out some paper. "And it looks like the anonymous person was right!"

Both Marinette and the class gasped in surprise. "But, that's not true! Someone must have planted that piece of paper in my bag!" she defended herself.

"But you answered everything correctly." said Miss Bustier, looking unconvinced. "I did?" Marinette smiled, but realized that now was not the time to be happy about that. "Yes! But because I studied."

Alya then stood up and quickly came to her friend's defense. "Miss Bustier, Marinette always scores high on your tests." Then another voice spoke.

"This is terribly unlike you, Marinette. You're usually so well-behaved!" Lila told her. Marinette's eyes widened and she suddenly realized something. She growled angrily and pointed at her. "Of course. You put the answers in my bag! You're the anonymous informer!"

Lila gasped in offense. "I'm coming to your defense and you're accusing me?"

"You can't accuse someone without proof, Marinette." Miss Bustier told her. Marinette knew she was right, but she was pretty sure Lila did it. It could only be her.

"But I'm sure it's her! She stole the test answers!" she fumed as she turned to her teacher. "That's impossible, Marinette. Lila got the worst grade in the class."

Marinette backed away for a moment. She knew Lila was smart. If she wanted to get her in trouble, she had to make all the evidence disappear. If it meant getting a bad grade on her test, she would do it.

"Th...Then she flunked the exam on purpose!" she kept trying to find an argument, but she knew it wouldn't be enough.

"Excuse me, Miss Bustier," Y/N spoke up. "but everyone here knows it isn't like Marinette to cheat. She's smart and I'm sure she doesn't need to cheat to pass a test. It doesn't make sense."

"She's right!" Alya agreed. The rest of the class slowly began to speak up in her defense. Marinette softened for a moment. She was glad that her class stood by her.

Miss Bustier clapped a couple to silence the class. "Marinette, Lila, please go to the principal's office until we get to the bottom of this."

Lila stood up and walked down to the front of the classroom, glancing at Marinette as she walked towards the door. Marinette glared at her, then she too walked out.