Riposte

In Francoise Dupont's dressing room, Marinette was trying on fencing helmets.

"This fencing gear really suits you, Marinette." Tikki praised her. "Thank you, Tikki! Let's hope wielding a saber is easier than finding a helmet that fits." she said, then tried on a helmet that was a bit big. The little creature giggled at her.

She took off her helmet and sighed. "I have to comply, Tikki. There are more and more akumatized who fight with some sort of sword these days. Kitty Noir is good at fencing, but I'm not. I have to learn to fencing too, so the fights will be easier."

"Don't worry Marinette. You've been practicing your fencing every week. I'm sure you'll be great!" Tikki encouraged her. She smiled. "I hope you are right." She placed the helmet on the table, but it looks like it was too strong as the other helmets rolled away.

She hurriedly tried to catch the fallen ones. She caught one with her foot. "Ah, here we go. This one should fit perfectly."

--------------------------------------

By now everyone was in the school hall listening to Mr. D'Argencourt.

"I'm the fencing master, Mr. D'Argencourt. As I'm sure you're aware, we have only one open spot on the team this year. So, in order to select the best possible candidate, I will observe the beginners performing a number of attacks on the experienced students."

Marinette was listening intently, but her thoughts involuntarily drifted to a certain blonde girl. She wondered which of them was her, since they were already dressed, so it was impossible to tell.

"Get into position!" Mr. D'Argencourt ordered as his students moved closer to the beginners. Meanwhile, Marinette looked at them and tried to guess which one she was.

"Seems like you're looking for someone?" asked the student in front of her. "Yeah, I'm actually wondering which one of you Y/N. You know, a girl this tall, blonde, nice, super beautiful?" she explained before she was suddenly lost in thought. The person in front of her raised her helmet.

"Thanks for the compliments." Y/N thanked her as she smiled at her. She couldn't deny that something in her shuddered at those words, but she brushed it away instead. Marinette gasped in surprise. In essence, she was now rambling about her crush in front of her crush. She was quite embarrassed, but tried to act relaxed.

"I didn't know you were into fencing Marinette." The girl in front of her tried to pull herself together. "Y/N! Um, yeah, I've actually recently become interested in it." she explained, trying not to look upset. The blonde smiled at her, which she immediately returned.

"Get into position!" came the man's voice again. Marinette put the helmet on her head and looked a little unsure. Y/N saw this so she decided to help her.

"Bend your knees, then stretch your left foot back, turned outwards." She moved her legs back. "Perfect! Now, put your saber forward, like this." she explained further and guided her to the desired position. Marinette blushed at their closeness and looked at her with a nervous smile.

Y/N looked at her and realized how close they were. A faint blush appeared on her face, but she tried to hide it with her smile. She moved away from her and stood in front of her.

"Greet each other!" The blonde raised her saber in front of her and swung it to the side. Marinette did just the same. "En garde! Pret, allez!" The other students began to fight with each other, while Mr. D'Argencourt watched them.

Y/N was already on the attack waiting for Marinette to attack, but she didn't. It made her a little confused, so she put on her mask. "Go on, Marinette. You're supposed to touch me." She was stunned for a moment. "Touch you? Yeah."