Chapter 18

After class I walk to my locker with my biology book. I pull my phone out of my pocket and call Jason. He doesn't answer. And just as I put my phone back in my pocket, someone put their hands over my eyes so I can't see anything. The person doesn't answer me when I ask who it is, so I begin to feel the persons arms and hands. It's definitely a boy.

"Jason?" I ask, even though I'm pretty sure that it is him. Who else could it be.

"Okay, you got me." He says and removes his hands. I look at him with a smile. He has a big smile on his face too. While talking, we walk to the cafeteria. We sit down at an empty table. I tell him abot me throwing a party tomorrow night.

"What? Why am I just hearing about this now? I thought I was going to be invited if you would ever be hosting something." He tells me, trying to sound really offended but then fails because he starts laughing at himself. I starts laughing too. I can't help it. He is just so cute, and his laugh is the best. Wait, did I just think that he's cute? And that his laugh is the best? I can't think like this. I have been thinking like this about him for some days now and I can't. He is my friend. My best friend on this school. Okay, more like my only real friend. I mean, Matt, Ethan and them are my friends too, but Jason just knows me better.

He snaps his fingers infront of my face, freeing me from my thoughts. "What?" I ask acting like I have't just talked to myself about him in my mind.

"You have been staring into the air for the past five minutes. What are you thinking about?" He asks.

"Nothing, I'm just a little tired, that's all." I lie.

"You sure?"

"Positive. By the way, I just planned throwing a party today. In biology." I tell him.

"You did?" He asks looking at me weird.

"Okay, this girl named Monica suggested it. But Jensen said that it was okay, both him and Jared are gonna be home." I tell him.

"Monica?" He says.

"Yeah, and she said something about meeting me at lunch so we could talk about what I should get," I tell him. "Oh look, she's walking over to us." I say looking at Monica whom is walking towards us.

"Hey Cali," She smiles. She looks at Jason and then back at me. "Here isa list of the things you need," She hands me a peice of paper. "And I'm asuming that everyone at the school is invited."

"I haven't actuallt told anyone yet, only Jason here." I tell her.

"That's okay, I will just tell some people and the word will spread faster than you think. You can just text me your adress and I will give it to the people whom doesn't know where you live." She tells me and walks away. I look at Jason who is slowly shaking his head.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing, I just think that it is gonna get so crazy and out of hand. You have no idea of what a party with this school is like. You have never been to one. And you don't know everyone. I just think that it's a bad idea, but I'm not gonna stop you." He tells me.

"Well, I didn't ask for your opinion on it. But you are coming, aren't you?" I ask just to make sure if he is.

"Yes, wouldn't miss it for the world." He says and stands up.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I gotta get to class. See you later?" He asks.

"Yeah sure." I answer and he walks away.

--

I put my books, from the class I just finished, into my locker and walk towards to exit doors so I can get home. Jensen texted me in the middle of class, saying that he can't pick me up today so I have to walk home or take the bus. I just decided to walk since there is a short cut and I used it this morning. But just as I reach for the door handles someone calls my name. It's a girl. I turn around and find Moniica waving at me for some reason. I wave back and she gestures to me with her hands telling me to come over to her. For a moment I stand still, not sure if I wanna go over to her, but at the end I know I'm gonna walk over to her anyway, and I walk towards her.