Chapter 35

I wake up by the sound of someone ringing me. I open my eyes and sit up. What time is it? I look out the window and see the light shining in on the floor. It must be close to seven which means that the alarm will ring soon. I take the phone and answer the call.

"Hello?" I ask with my sleepy voice. I'm actually not that sleepy. I feel well rested.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" The person yells. Turns out it's Astrid on the other end of the line. But why is she yelling?

"I'm in my bed waiting for the alarm to ring so I can get up and get ready. Why are you yelling at me?" I ask getting out of the bed. I can just start getting ready now.

"Are you sick or something?" She asks sounding totally worried.

"No. Why would you think that?" Why would she think that I'm sick? Don't I even get a chance to get to school? Or is it a new rule to be there at least an hour before? I take the phone away from my ear and look at the clock. So it turns out that it's 9:30. And apparently I missed my alarm. Which means that I have to hurry.

"So I accidentally over slept, but I will be at school as fast as I can. I promise." I say and hang up. I throw the phone back on the bed and run out to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready.

--

"There you are." Melanie says as I sit down at the table. It's 10:00 and there's still 15 minutes left of our lunch break. And I actually only have one period left today. My school day ends two hours earlier today, and my last class is math. Melanie also has math and we have planned to hang out after school.

"I am really sorry. I don't know how I could have missed my alarm." I say. and make a sad face. Not that I was totally excited about going to school. I would much rather stay home and watch netflix before hanging out with Dylan.

"So... What were you doing yesterday?" Cara asks with a smirk. I look down at my hands with a smile on my face.

"Nothing." I lie. I don't even know why I lied about that. Plus, by the way she asked me, I'm guessing she already know.

"Really? Because we heard that you were seen out with Dylan O'Brien." Astrid says lifting an eyebrow.

"Ohhhh, that," I say and they chuckle. "Yes, me and him were at Starbucks together and then went to the carnival." I tell them. Their eyes go big and then look at each other.

"You make it sound like it's the most normal thing." Cara says while chuckling and drink some of the water in her water bottle.

"So are you two, like, together now? Tell us what happened." Melanie smiles excited.

"Nothing happened. We are just friends trying to get to know each other. We are going to be in a movie together so it would be nice to know each other." I say.

"You are going to be in the movie? That is so crazy. Congratulation." They say with big smiles.

We talk a little more before two guys comes over to our table and sit down. One of the guys looks familiar but the other one, I have never seen before. I am sure.

"Cali. I am really happy to hear that you are coming to my party tonight." The familiar guy says and looks at me with a charming smile. This must be Jackson. And now that I've put a face on him, I know who he is. It's that guy whom Jensen talked to the day we had the meeting here and this guy was playing kind of a show off.

"Who told you that?" I ask. I never told him, or anyone for that matter, that I was coming, which I'm not since I have other plans. I notice him looking at my friends, whom are all looking down at their hands, and know that they were the ones to say that I'm going to be there.

"I am really sorry, Jackson, but I'm not going to make it. I completely forgot that I have other plans tonight." I say. He looks kind of sad but doesn't say anything. He just nods and mumbles something I don't hear, before getting up and walking away with his friend.

We sit in quiet for a moment or two while I look at them with kind of an angry look. I'm not really angry, but I still thinks it a bit annoying that they just told him that I could come, when I didn't even tell them that I could.

The bell rings and I stand from the table. "I gotta get to class." I say and starts walking away as Melanie runs after me.

"Are we still hanging out later?" She asks and I can hear from the way she asked that she is quite nervous. 

"Of course. I'm not mad. I just wish you would have asked me before telling him that I could." I tell her as she walks after me to my locker. I need to get my books.

"What are you even doing later? You know, since you can't come." She ask curiously.

"I'm watching movies with Dylan at his place." I say and pull out a book from the locker and close it. I give her a smile and walks towards the classroom. She runs up beside me. I think she was kind of surprised since she was standing still for a moment.

--

Math was boring. We were just told to do most of the homework we will have over the weekend that needs to be done by Tuesday. We were allowed to go to the library if we thought we could concentrate better there. So that was what me and Melanie did. Of course we didn't get much done. We mostly just talked. Not about math, though. And so far we have also mostly been on Facebook.

"Hey, look at this. It's an interview from earlier that Dylan was in. Did you know he had an interview this morning?" She asks me and turns her laptop around so that I can see it. It's an article. I don't know where it's from, though.

"No, I did not," I answer and she turns it back around to her. "Can you read it to me?" I ask. Not to be totally nosy, but I really wanna know what he says in it.

She mumbles most of it but I try to hear as much as I can get from her mumbling. "Okay, so he was asked about you and if the two of your are dating. His answer was, and I quote; 'No, we are not. We are just friends hanging out and getting to know each other.'" She reads before opening her mouth again. "It sounds like the two of you have planned what to say when you would get asked that question." She's not wrong actually. What we said was almost the same.