Chapter 25

Me and Jensen are sitting in the car on our way to the photo shoot. I can't wait. I am actually excited about it. I think it is going to be fun. Or at least I hope so. It only takes half an hour to get there and when we do there are parked five cars in front of the house. The car probably belongs to the other people who are here already.

Jensen parks the car, where there is parking space, and we both get out. The both of us are silent as we walk towards the house. We don't even reach the house before we gets greeted by two ladies.

"Good morning. We are Maria and Sophie." They say with big smiles.

"Good morning to you too." Jensen say for the both of us.

"Okay, so Jensen you are coming with me and Cali you are going Maria." The lady named Sophie tells us as we get closer to the house. She has blonde hair, or maybe more like white, and brown eyes. She is wearing a pair of blue jeans and a black tank top and her make up is kinda crazy. I think she is the one to put make up on us and do our hair. The other lady named Maria has a golden brown hair color and her eyes green. Not green like Jensen's. She is wearing a black pair of shorts with a white shirt. Her hair is up in a pony tail and her make up is crazy too but not as much as Sophie.

I follow Maria inside and into a bathroom. She tells me to sit down in a chair which is standing in front of a mirror and sink. There is places a lot of make up things on the sink.

"So what do we do first?" I ask as I sit down in the chair.

"First I am going to show you the clothes you are gonna wear," she tells me and pull out a dress with pink flower print and purple background. She places it on a hanger and then looks at me and places her hands on her hips. "I am just gonna wait outside the door while you put it on and then just open the door when I can come in again." She says as she walk out the door.

I sit still in the chair for a moment while looking at the dress. But after have been sitting there for about two minutes I finally change into the dress. When I have it on I take a long look in the mirror. The dress was really beautiful and summery, or what you call it, but now that I have it on it is even more beautiful.

"Can I come in or are you not done?" I hear her from outside.

"You can come in." I say. She opens the door and step inside.

"Wow. You look beautiful," she tells me with a smile. "Okay here, put on this robe so you don't get make up on the dress."

I do as she says and put on the robe and sit down on the chair again. She put up my hair in a bun and the turn me around so I'm looking at her and then start on my make up.

--

After about an hour, she is finally done with it all. And when I say all, I mean my hair and my make up. It wasn't so hard sitting still for that long since I'm used to doing that at school. Which reminds me that I haven't talked to Jason today. I think I'll call him when we get home. We haven't really talked since Christmas eve when he came by. We actually really need to talk about the kiss. I don't want it to be weird between us. He is my best friend and I don't wanna loose him. If the kiss didn't mean anything then we should just put it behind us. Though I kind of hope it means something. It's not really a secret that I have a crush on him. But if it doesn't mean anything to him then I will have to live with that and try to get over the feelings I have for him.

Okay, now that you are done you need to come with me." She says and I stand from the chair. We walk out of the bathroom and outside onto the porch where there is a lot of chairs under a cabana. Jensen is sitting on one of the chair while talking a man with a beanie on his head. It looks like they are having a serious conversation the way their facial expressions are.

"Cali. There you are. You look amazing. Come over here," The man with the beanie calls me over to them. I do as he says and is now standing beside the chair Jensen is sitting on. "Okay, if now you, Jensen, just sit there and you, Cali, stand right here." He says and guides me the a place ten inches or so from where I was just standing. He walks behind the camera and tells us to pose as he takes the picture. He takes a couple more just to be safe and then we move on to the next.

--

It take us about three hours doing this photo shoot, which I found really insane. If I was the one taking the picture it would probably only have taken us half an hour if not less. But also if it was me, I would also just have taken one picture and the moved on and don't really care about the lightening and the way the model was standing.

But now it's over and me and Jensen have changed back to our own clothes and is now sitting in the car on our way home. We are talking about the day and laughing at the thought of the camera man with beanie falling in the sand on the beach. It was when they were taking a picture of me and he was walking toward me and then out of nowhere he falls in the sand and everyone started laughing. He didn't find it that funny thought. I think he was having a bad day.

"What do you wanna do when we get back home?" He asks me.

"I was going to call Jason. But other than that I don't know, why?" I ask.

"Just curious. How's it going with Jason? It's been a while since we last saw him. A couple of days. We use to see him everyday." He says with a smile.

"He's good." I say even though I don't actually know how he is today. But I hope he is okay. All of a sudden I start thinking about my mom. Why? I have no idea. Maybe it's the thought of missing Jason that reminds me of the time after mom died. I look down at my shoes and I know that Jensen notice my sudden change of mood.

"What's wrong? What are you thinking about? Is it something I said?" He asks worried and I look up fast.

"No. It's not you." I say.

"Then what is it?" He asks and it takes me a minute to answer him.

"I was just thinking about mom..." I say. "And the fact that I didn't actually tell you the whole truth that time you asked at the orphanage." He is now looking at me.

"What?" He ask and I can hear the curiousness and confusion in his voice.

"You know that I told you she died of a heart attack. That is true. But that was after me and her was in a car accident." I say and he looks shocked.

"What?" His voice is high now.

"Me and her was driving and all of a sudden we are in a car crash. I don't know how it happened but the next thing I know I was laying in a hospital bed. I wasn't serious injured but my mom was. The doctor told me that she was in surgery and they were doing everything they could to save her. About an hour later the doctor came back and told me that she was resting in her room but that I could first visit her the next day. Unfortunately she didn't survive the night. They came into my room the next day and told me she had a heart attack and that she didn't make it." I say and feel tears starting to form in my eyes.

He doesn't say anything. He is speechless. I look up at him and then see a bright light and something hits the window and everything goes black.