Chapter 39

"Ohh, let's check out that store." I say and take Dylan's hand and lead the way over to the Urban Outfitters store across the street.

At the moment him and I are doing a little shopping. We just finished lunch with the rest of the family and they didn't feel like shopping so it ended up being me and Dylan alone. But I'm not complaining. He is, though. He keeps saying that he would rather go down to the beach again but we've already done that so now it's my turn to pick what we should do. And it's not like I wanna go into every store. We've only been in three so far and that is not a lot.

"Hey. Look at these denim shorts." I say and wave him over to me.

"Yeah, they look like the ones you're wearing." He says. I look down at the pair of shorts I'm wearing. He's right. They do look a lot alike. But they aren't the same.

"You can't have enough shorts." I say with a smile.

"But you can. And remember, we are going to be here 6 more days. You don't have to spend all of your money the first day here." He tells me.

He has a point. It's not like this is the last time we'll be shopping while we're here. I can just put them back, think about if it's a good idea to buy them, and then come back later this week if I have decided that I do. I think for a moment before finally speaking.

"Okay, you're right. I'll think it over." I say and suddenly a smile forms on his face. Why is he smiling? He smiles a lot for no damn reason. But I don't mind. I love his smile.

"I know I am." He say and kisses me. Okay, so he was smiling because he was right. Good to know that it makes him happy when he's right.

We leave the store and as we walk down the street I start feeling my phone vibrating in my back pocket. I pull it out and look at it. It's Melanie calling me. Why is she calling me? Have she forgotten about that I'm in Australia and it is expensive calling from one country to another?

"Hey. Is there something wrong?" I ask when I've answered.

"I know that it's a stupid idea of me calling you when you are in Australia but I just really needed to talk to you." She says and I can hear that she has been crying.

"Don't worry about that. Talk to me." I tell her and put her on speaker so Dylan can listen too while we walk down the street. I don't want him to get bored. Besides he knows Melanie too.

"It's Cory. I think he's going to break up with me." She cries. She and Cory apparently got together at Jackson's party that I didn't go to because I wanted to hang out with Dylan. I don't think they really knew each other before. She never mentioned him to me. I met him that day I told the girls about the movie audition and they totally freaked out. I made three new friends that day. And one of them was Cory.

"Listen Mel. Cory is a great guy and you two clearly like each other. I don't think you have anything to worry about. By the way, why do you think he wants to break up with you?" I ask. I couldn't imagine him breaking up with her. Last time I saw them together they were all over each other. He actually look more in love than her. And last time I saw them was last Thursday.

"Yesterday I saw that he got a text from some girl named Abby. And earlier today he texted me saying that he needed to talk to me tomorrow after soccer practice." She tells me.

"I can see how you would assume that it's a bad thing, but you don't actually know. It could just as easily be a good thing. Maybe he has a surprise for you," Dylan says before I can speak. "Ohh, ice cream." He says and walks away from me.

"Seriously Cali. You let Dylan listen to our conversation again. You always do that. What if it was something really private." She says trying to be serious but I know that she doesn't really mind that he overhears everything. She knows that I want Dylan to be a big part of my life and that this is one of the ways he is. He overhears all my conversations. Except the ones I have at school. But that's because he doesn't go to school like me.