Chapter 36

It's about 7:30 pm now, which means there is about half an hour till I have to go to Dylan's place. But since it takes almost twenty minutes to get there, I should probably get going. Plus, I don't think he'll mind if I'm five minutes early. Melanie left a couple of hours ago. She had to get home and get ready for the party. It starts at 9 but she said that she had to get herself ready and then her and Astrid would meet up with Cara at Cara's house, and then drive to the party together. I hope they have a good time without me.

I walk downstairs to Jensen, Danneel and JJ. JJ is running around, with some of her toys, while she is laughing like crazy. She must be enjoying it. Her laughter is so adorable. I stand beside Jensen and he looks at me with a smile. This family is amazing and I am so happy to be in it.

"Ready for your date?" He asks as he puts his hand on top of my head and starts messing my hair up. I move his hand away fast. I just spend half and hour trying to curl it. It didn't go a I planned and looks far from good. I actually don't think he can mess it anymore than it already it.

"I am. Though, my hair doesn't look like I wanted it too, but I guess I'll just have to live with it." I say. Other than trying to curl my hair, I also changed to something other that what I was wearing at school. I think, since we are going to be home and watch movies, I didn't want to dress up and wear something fancy. I put on a pair of white jeans and a soft grey sweater.

"I think it looks alright." He says and I chuckle.

"So what are you guys doing tonight?" I asks and walks over to the couch where JJ is playing with some new toys.

"I think we are planning on just getting some pizza and watch a movie while we eat. JJ already suggested Frozen so I think that is what we are gonna watch and then she will be put to bed." He tells me as he walks over to where me and JJ are. Danneel follows him. She is holding a pizza menu in one hand and the home cell in the other.

And JJ has been getting really into the whole Frozen theme since she watched the movie while me and Jensen were in Vancouver. And her biggest wish was to get some Frozen Lego, which she got.

I check the time on my phone. I have to go now if I actually don't wanna end up being late. I hug all of them before saying goodbye and walk out into the hall. I put on my black vans, put my phone in my back pocket of my jeans and grab my keys. Before leaving the house, I say goodbye one last time. I unlock the car, get in and start it.

T-he drive doesn't take as long as I had expected and I end up being there three minutes earlier that I'm supposed to. But I don't think it'll be a problem. I park the car and turn it off. As I get out, I see the door to the house open and Dylan walking towards my car with a smile on his face. I notice him looking around fast and then turning his face back to where I am. I hurry out and lock the car behind me. When we reach each other, he gives me a big hug.

"Hi." He smiles as he lets go of me.

"Hi." I return the smile and we stand in quiet for a moment before he starts talking.

"Do you wanna come inside?" He asks.

"Yes." I say and he grabs my hand and leads me inside.

--

I finish my pizza before him. He still has one piece left. I lean back on the sofa and continue watching the movie that is currently playing on the tv. I look at him as he takes another bite of his pizza slice, and then almost choking on it. And I can't help but laugh at the face he makes when he spits it out on his plate and then coughs.

"That's not funny." He says as he sit straight up and looks back at me.

"Sorry. But it is a little funny." I say and smile. He just chuckles and shakes his head. We both turn our attention back to the movie, which is Delivery Man. It is supposed to be funny, but so far there has been some funny moments but other than that it's good.

After have been talking a little about the movie and other stuff while the movie is still on, my phone starts ringing. And it kind off made the both of us jump and look at it. I look at Dylan before gabbing it and looking at the caller-ID. It's Jason. Why would he call me? And why now? I thought he was at the party.

"Are you going to answer it?" Dylan asks me, interrupting my thoughts. I don't even know if I wanna answer. I hang and look at him as I shake my head. And for some reason, my respond makes him smile.

"Not to be nosy or anything, but do you mind me asking who it was?" He asks with a smile on his face.

"It's okay. You can ask whatever you want to. And it was a guy named Jason I go to school with." I tell him, leaving out the part that I had a crush on him, but don't how I feel about him after what he did.

He starts asking more questions about me, my family, school, etc. and I answer them all.

The movie ends even though we actually weren't watching the ending. The movie was actually quite good and I'm a little disappointed that I didn't see the rest, but I enjoyed talking to Dylan instead.

"Wanna watch another?" He asks.

"Sure." I answer.

He grabs the tv remote and go the the comedy selection. There's a lot of movies here. Some I've heard of and some I haven't. And some I've actually seen. We come across a movie called The Family. I have heard of it and it's supposed to be good and funny. My friends from the old school went to see it in the theater. They asked me to come but at that time it didn't sound like it could be a good one but it turned out to be. Or at least they thought so.

I ask Dylan if he has seen it and he says no, so we decide to see it. As it starts we decide to lay down on the couch instead of sitting up. Dylan is halfway laying down and halfway sitting up, and I lay down with my head on his chest.

Halfway through it, the door gets unlocked and in comes a guy. He looks to be the same age as Dylan. It's probably a friends of his. But why would his friend be visiting this late. I don't know what time it is exactly, but I do know that it's after midnight.

"Ohh, sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt anything." The guy says and covers his eyes with his hands.

"It's okay. We're just watching a movie." Dylan answers and chuckles.

"Ohh, okay," he removes his hands from his face and walks closer and reach out his hand for me to shake. "I'm Tyler. Dylan's romie." He tells me.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Cali." I shake his hand and let go. I put my hand back under the blanket. I pulled it over us five minutes before Tyler came home.

"Yeah, Tyler is my best friend and co-worker. He plays Scott McCall on Teen Wolf." Dylan explains.

"Cool." Is all I answer.

"Well, I'll leave the two of you alone. Talk to you tomorrow." Tyler says and walks in to a room, I think is probably his bedroom.