Chapter 40

"So how was your trip to Australia?" Mel asks as she appears next to me. We just got back the day before yesterday and I still feel jetlagged. But I had to go to school today. You know, keep up with the classes and what is going on. Luckily I also have three really close friends that loves to tell me all the gossip.

"I was so amazing. I changed my hair, as you can see, and just had fun with the family. We spend a lot of time at the beach. The water was amazing and the sand was warm. Not like totally hot, so we could still walk on it without having shoes on. We ate out most nights. Always new places, just to try something different." I tell her. 

"Why did you decide to change your hair? I liked the way it looked before. Not that I don't like it like this. I'm just curious." She rambles and I laugh.

"Well, me and Dylan was walking down the street and we came to this hair dresser where I stopped. I went inside and asked the girl working there if she had time to do this and she did," I explain as we walk to out class. We have math now. It feels like months since I last were in a class. "And you know what? I am almost one hundred procent sure that the girl whom worked at the shop was flirting with Dylan."

"Why do you think that?" She asks me. We inter the class and take a seat at the table in the middle of the class. It is the only one no one is sitting at.

"Because she was so into this conversation she was having with him, and I think that she didn't realize that me and him were a couple." I say.

"Oh no. A girl was flirting with the Dylan O'Brien, whom is insanely hot, and everyone thinks is singe because you haven't told anyone besides your friends and your families that you are a couple." She says and I can feel the sarcasm in her voice.

I look at her with a mad face and look away from her pretending to be really angry.

"Seriously. You have nothing to worry about. I have seen the way he looks at you. It's clearly he is in love with you." She say and I look at her. I hear my phone vibrating on the on the table. I pick it up and see it's a text from Dylan.

"Hey, wanna hang out when you get home?" He asks. I think for a moment if there's anything important I have to do today, but there isn't.

"Yeah, sure." I text back and adds a winking emoji.

--

We finish class and walk together down the the cafeteria where we meet up with Astrid and Cara. When we get to the cafeteria, there are so many people. I don't remember there being this many people in this room at once. Usually it's half empty because some are either at the library, at the soccer field or just outside. I look around to just scan the room for people. Just in case I can spot some friends. Out of nowhere I see Jason walking towards me. He is walking really fast. Like so fast, it's almost like he is running but he's not. Just walk really fast. He lifts he arms when he reaches me and places his hands on my checks and kisses me.

I feel like I know what is going on right now but somehow my brain isn't picking up that the person kissing me right know is not supposed to be kissing me. I feel him starting to deepen the kiss by trying to part my lips. Finally my brain picks up on what is going on and I can push him away from me.

"What the hell? Why did you do that?" I yell and holds my hand in front of my mouth.

"I miss you, Cali. I love you and I want to be in relationship with you." What? He loves me? Didn't he just have a relationship with Monica? That isn't even the point. Why am I even thinking of that right know? 

I don't know what to say. I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about having a relationship with this guy but that was a long time ago. Before me and Dylan got together. Dylan. This amazing guy whom is so sweet, kind, funny, smart, and not to mention, totally hot. He has it all. And I love him. I love the way he looks when he is sleeping and when we wake up. I love it when he talks about something he really cares about and when he talks about people whom means a lot to him. I love it when he is around me and just being himself. I have never felt like this about someone else. I love him. I am in love with Dylan O'Brien.

"Please say something." Jason interrupts my thoughts. I totally forgot about the things he has just said to me.

"I'm sorry, Jason. I may have had feelings about you before but not anymore. I am in love with someone else now and I feel like I need to tell him that right now." I say. And with that, I hurry out of the cafeteria, out of the school and out to my car parked in the parking lot. I get in and drive as fast as I am aloud to out on the road and 15 minutes later, I am standing in front of Dylan's door. I knock on it really fast and hard, and in no time it opens, revealing a really tired man.

"Cali. What are you doing here?" He asks and lets me in. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him down to me for a kiss and after a moment I pull back. I look up at him with really big smile. "What was that for?" He smirks.

"I love you. I love you so much and I just needed you to know that." I answer. He now has a really big smile on his face.

"I love you, too."

--

7 YEARS LATER

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Cali Ackles and Dylan O'Brien in matrimony commended to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly. Into this - these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace." The priest say.

"Now, Cali, repeat after me; I, Cali Ackles, take you, Dylan O'Brien, to be my husband, "

"I, Cali Ackles, take you, Dylan O'Brien, to be my husband," I repeat

"To have and to hold from this day forward,"

"For better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." He finish and I repeat it. 

He turns to Dylan and ask him to repeat what he says and so he does.

"I, Dylan, give you, Cali, this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you." Dylan then says and put his ring on my finger. I say something similar and put the other ring on his finger.

"By the power vested in me by the State of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Dylan steps closer to me, put an arm around my waist and then kisses me. 

Hey everyone. I know there was no warning but this is the last chapter. I really hope you have enjoyed this book and I am so grateful that you have taken the time to read it, voted and commented on it. It means so much to me. :)