Chapter 33

I wake up by the sound of my alarm going off. It's 7 am which mean I haven 45 minutes to get ready for school. I have to look good today because I don't know if I'll have time after school to get home and get ready before meeting up with Dylan. I sit up, starch my arms out and then rub my eyes. I sigh standing up and heading to the bathroom. To be honest, I'm actually quite surprised that no one has come into my room yet this morning to wake me up or something. Most mornings Jensen comes in to be sure that I'm up. I turn on the hot water and set a timer on my phone to 7 minutes so I won't be in there too long. I take my clothes off and get in. The water is quite hot and burns my skin, so I turn down the temperature a little so it wont be too hot or too cold.

After five minutes I get out. And I smile because that's 2 minute earlier than I sat the timer which means I have those two minutes to something else. Like getting my hair done. I grab the towel and dry my hair as much as I can with it and the dry my body and wrap it around me. I walk out into my room and then into the closet. I find a flannel shirt and a pair of black jeans which is ripped on the knees. I put on a black bra and matching panties, and then put on the jeans and the flannel shirt. I don't put on socks because I'm going to have the nike shoes on and they are the only pair on shoes, I own, I can walk in without having to put on socks. I walk back into the bathroom and pull out the hair dryer from the top drawer under the sink. I plug it in and start drying my hair. It doesn't take long because my hair isn't that thick.

When I'm done, I put on two necklaces. A long one and a shorter one. Then I put on make up, which is just a very natural look. A thin layer of powder and mascara. I put on a gold bracelet and look at myself in the mirror.

"I feel like there's something I've forgotten... But what?" I say to myself and cross my arms. It takes me a minute to realize that I have to brush my hair. I grab the brush and start brushing. It's a little hard at first because off all the knots but I manage to brush them all out. I think for moment about how to styles but just decide to braid it down over my shoulder.

It doesn't take long, and when I'm done, I look at myself in the mirror one more time. I hope I look good. Or at least good enough. I check the time and it 7:35. I still have time to get some breakfast before leaving. I hurry downstairs. No one is here. Where is everyone? I notice a piece of paper on the kitchen island. I pick it up and read it out loud.

"Danneel, JJ and I are visiting a preschool for JJ today and are going for lunch later.
Don't know when we'll be home. Text one of us if there is anything you need :)
- Jensen"

Okay, but do I text them to tell them that I'll be hanging out with Dylan after school? Maybe that would be a good idea. Just in case they would start worrying. I will just do that later when I know more.

After having eaten breakfast, I put on my shoes, take my bag a keys and leave the house. I unlock the car and get it. Before starting the car I check my phone and notice that I have a text message from Melanie. She's asking me if I can come and pick her up because she missed her bus.

"Sure, I'll be there in 5." I text back and starts the car. There's a lot of traffic at the moment but I'm sure people also have to get to work. It's currently 7:45 and my first class, which is English, starts in 15 minutes. I hope I can make it in time.

I get to Melanie's house and stop the car next to where she is standing. She hurries in and gets her seat belt in. The drive from here wont be long because she live quite close to the school. Closer than me if I drive.

"Hey." She smiles and looks pretty excited.

"Good morning." I smile back.