27. Summary.

It's dark.

Cold.

Not a window was built.

The roof was leaking.

She wore nothing but thin rugs.

*SLAP

"Wake up."

Elin cough badly. She want crouch her body but the chains in both hands preventing her, forcing her to keep standing. Her breath hitch as if she tried to catch the air inside her lungs.

She couldn't see anything.

She couldn't hear anything.

The voice was muffle by how much scream she make.

Her body won't stop shaking from the pain.

"She's still responding, that's good enough. Prepare the pieces."

Base on the shaking ground, there could be 3 or 4 people there.

She couldn't see through her hair that's maybe already mold and sticky by how long she went without a fresh shower.

Suddenly, a hand grab her jaws.

Her mouth were forcefully open, none of the man cares how much her sounds. Begging them to stop. The piece were swollen again for the 30th time.

Her eyes rolled back as the effect started to showing....again.

"Kugh!"

"Ugh..!"

She choked few times and blood would always sprout after one cough. She could feel her limbs weaker, how her organs failing.

The group didn't budge a single move.

They all anticipate to watch the process, as if they were always use to it. Or maybe this things never bother them a slight.

After few minutes, she stop breathing.

Her body slumped in the air since the only thing that holds her is the chain.

The people all suprise how it last only few minutes. Usually she would scream in agony and would trashed for  hours.

"Is she dead?"

"Check her pulse."

The physician place his finger on her wrist, and he feel nothing but silence.

He shook his head and make the group groan loudly.

"What a waste, she almost made it."

One of the member took the list and flip the page."I guess we moved to subject.-"

"Wait!"

The group look up at the physician, until they follow his gaze at the girl.

On her chest, a bright blue light shine through the dark tower. Almost blinding them, the group shield their eyes in hurry.

The light finally stop glowing. They all watch from her leg that the skin change to stone. It spread all around her body.

And all they saw last, was her teary eyes before her body gradually change into a shining sword, leaving nothing but the dirty rug.

"..."

One member open his mouth in shock.

"We..did it."

They all started to cheer loudly and pat eachother back as they all congrats the member.

"I can't believe it works!"

"What work?"

The group stop cheering and instantly knelt down, seeing their higher boss arrives. He step down the stairs full of glory and pride. His royal cape flow down behind him, giving him some sort intimidated aura.

"Your majesty.... it is ready."

Dietrich smile slowly, he glide his finger through the blade as he admired the first project ever work. He didn't hesitate to pick up the sword and swing it few time.

"How beautiful..."

He look back at the mage."Start the other project immediately." He look back at the blade, his smile became more sinister."Why try once.."

He point it at the physician."When you can do it twice."

'help.'