43.

The next day, the emperor announced to the nobles that he had become lovers with Charlize.

Many were surprised to hear that Dylan had become a lover of Charlize, and outwardly congratulated her. Because they had seen how hard the emperor had been courting her.

'Eventually, like this.'

Kahu's expression hardened.

He told Charlize to keep a distance from Dylan, but she didn't listen.Of course, there was no reason for Charlize to listen to it. In the end, Kahu put public feelings first for Charlize.

Still, this bitter feeling is because he try so hard to warn Charlize.

'Before returning, why did you disappear?'

Kahu closed his eyes slowly and then opened them. Still, the contribution was his priority.

The nobles thought Charlize would become the empress as if it were natural. She received a toast in advance, saying that she has gained a month that will remain in history.

But from Kahu's point of view.

'I don't think so at all.'

If Charlize's purpose was to be the Empress from the beginning, it would have already been her seat. Even in the emperor's announcement, he would not have used the word 'lover', but would have clearly said 'the empress nominee'.

He doesn't mean it by Dylan.  Dylan would have wanted to marry Charlize.

'Perhaps it's just dating.'

He was sure Charlize wanted it.

Although dating is not right for the emperor under etiquette. After thinking this far, Kahu smiled briefly. The etiquette was a word that was not already at the level of their eyes. This made Kahu's guess clear.

'All laws, institutions, and nobles can't stop them.'

It's a gentle reign, but if Dylan's reign it's not that of a tyrant. What in the world is a tyrant?

'What is Charlize's real purpose?'

From the beginning, it was strange that 'Shadow' was organized separately from the Imperial Knights as a direct order of the emperor.

Although Kahu stands at the top of all knights in the Empire as the 1st Imperial Knights Commander.  He was completely separate from Shadow. In addition, there has been some dangerous news recently.

'Shadow receives incredibly intense training.!'

If it's before the rebellion, It is understandable that Shadow's power is Dylan's power. But now the emperor was in absolute power. The Emperor's power was very stable.

But why?

In this empire, in this continent. What the hell are you going to do?

It was the entanglement of sympathetic anger that distracted the public's thoughts.

Suddenly, Kahu stood up from his seat.

There were only Kahu and the butler in the mansion's office. Eleane was still asleep after taking care of him who was totally wasted by his father.

Thinking about her made his cheek rosy pink. He woke up being indulge within Eleane arms, his head was tuck beside the crook of her neck and his arms and leg wrapped around her. It's basically him being a koala attached to its mother.

He wouldn't mind spending the day sleeping like this, unfortunately he has a duty as a duke. He couldn't bare to wake her because the maid told him all about the evening, he couldn't be more ashamed to burden his lady.