38.

Kahu's life was already in Charlize's hands.

No, Kahu was as good as dead.  Because Charlize was really aiming the sword. He had a sword, but it was too late. He will be decapitated to death before he can even unsheath his sword.

It was scary.

'I'm afraid.'

I have heard that people see lanterns right before they die. Kahu didn't see a lantern, but all kinds of thoughts just flashed through him in an instant.

Charlize lived as if she had died when she was young.  Even if she was suppressed and abused like that, she endured everything before returning.

His eyes look down at the hood person who still holding Charlize sword. If you look closer, you can see her hand was shaking due to the sudden blocking her attack. Meaning if it weren't for her, Kahu's head would probably already fall off.

She threw the tip sword away and stood three feet away from them while flexing her wrist.

"...The wizard's conversation, I'll pretend I didn't hear that."

Charlize's eyes narrowed at those words. Is she really going to kill me?  Kahu wasn't Charlize, so he didn't even know how she felt. But if Charlize really wanted to. Kahu must have died right away without saying a word.

If it weren't for the mysterious lady, something gore would definitely happen.

Because it's a life-threatening situation.  Kahu's heart was beating like it was going to explode.

"Yes, I pretend not to know."

He's saved. That's all that matter.

Shortly after being relieved, Kahu realized his mistake. I have tried to dig too deep. Because he didn't want to die.

Kahu really erased the conversation of the wizards he had just heard from his memory of him. He then quickly said whatever Charlize wanted.

"They came to study the Alperier, a secret organization that studies Ehyrit... That's all."

Charlize, who was quiet, took off her sword as if she knew it.

The whole world jumped. Ridiculously. Far from developing antipathy to Charlize, it was suffocating.

"Let's get going, You-"

Charlize words were cut off after seeing no sign of that mysterious lady.

'What-'

Kahu notice the disappear and look around as well. It's a shame, he didn't get to say thank you for the almost execution from the grandmaster.

Charlize clenched her fist. The last thing she want is another burden, who knows whatever that lady could do. It was suspiciously enough for Lucy for handing this unidentified person to her.

"Let's keep moving."

She and Lucy will have long talk after this.

Kahu nodded hesitantly, he took one last look at the alley before following Charlize.

Eleane gasp for air when she take out the mask."Damnit it's hot." She quickly change her dark clothes to a night gown and hid the cloak under side her closet where all the things important was hidden.