Head Noob in Charge

Church, Tucker, Gus, Luz, Lilith and Caboose are standing next to the tank outside Blue Base.

Church: Yeah I'll let you in on a little secret, I've uh... I've actually got a girl back home.

Tucker: Oh yeah? Girlfriend or wife?

Church: No, man, she's just my girlfriend, ya know? We were gonna get married, but I got shipped out... ah, you know how it works.

Gus: Oh man that sucks.

Tucker: Oh, well, you gonna marry her when you get back?

Caboose: I'm not gonna get married. My dad always said, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"

Lilith: What? (Annoyed tone)

Church: Hey, rookie.. did you just call my girlfriend a cow?

Tucker: No, I think he called her a slut!

Luz: I don't think meant.

Gus: Same.

Church: I'll tell you what, noob, I could sit out here and listen to you insult my girlfriend all day long, but as it turns out, I got a lot more important job for you and Gus to do.

Caboose: Great.

Gus: Really! (excited tone) First day and I get a important job!

Church: Yeah you see, we've got this General.

Tucker: Right, the General guy.

Church: ...who likes to come by and make random inspections of bases. So what I'm gonna have you do, is I'm gonna have you go in the base, and stand right next to the flag at attention, just in case he decides to come by.

Caboose: When is he coming by?

Tucker: We never know. Could be today, could be a week from now.

Caboose: You want me to stand at attention for a week?

Gus: That's the job?

Lilith: You know, you two don't sound very grateful. This is the most important job at the whole base. You're gonna be right there with the flag. In fact this was Tucker and Church job it was their top priority.

Church: It was till you two.

Caboose: What's so important about the flag?

Gus: I would like to know too.

Church: Oh, come on, don't they teach you guys anything in training?

Luz: They didn't tell us anything about a flag. Why is it so important?

Church: Because it's the flag, man, you know, it's the f... it's the flag, it's... Tucker, Lilith you tell him why the flag is so important.

Tucker: Well... it's... it's complicated. Uh... It's blue, we're blue.

Lilith: It was the whole soul of blue team you two.

Church: It's just important, okay? Trust us. So when the General comes by, the first thing he's gonna want to do is inspect the flag.

Tucker: Right.

Church: So just go in there, you know, far away from us, and wait for him.

Caboose and Luz turns and heads for the base, but stops half way and turns around.

Gus: Uh, how will we know when I see him sir?

Tucker: There's only six of us out here, rookies. He's gonna be the guy that doesn't look like one of us.