Chapter eleven 

Chairman: Dear Director.

Fade in to the beach of Zanzibar where numerous objects fall from the sky as the Chairman speaks.

Chairman: Do your "creative solutions" include the circumvention of the safety protocols that every member of the Military must follow? If they do not, then I fail to see how an enemy has managed to secure not one, but several of your experimental A.I.s. The protocol is not a guideline, dear Director, it is doctrine. And no one is above its rule.

Cut to Grif and Hunter running for their lives as a tumbling Warthog chases behind him.

Grif: Oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God, ooooh God!

The Warthog hits two palm trees, nearly crushing Hunter and Grif. Church walks out of his hiding place.

Church: Oh my God, that guy got fucked up!

Grif: What the hell was that!?

Church: Aw, he lived? That's bullshit.

Hunter: Fuck you man!

Church returns to his hiding place.

Sarge: Grif, if I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, you gotta pay attention in battle! You can't let yourself get distracted by- oh crap, flying jeep.

A flying Warthog, thrown by the Meta, nearly hits Sarge.

Simmons: Run!

Simmons and Sarge retreat, chased by several falling objects of considerable size and mass

Church: Well. Guess they're definitely not workin' together.

Washington: Now that he's powered up, he's just killing everything. We're next.

Amity: Well that's just wonderful to hear.

Sarge: Move it or lose it.

Simmons: Yeah come on, scootch, scootch.

Hunter is seen run to them and hides with them.

Church: Hey. Get out of here, Reds. This is our cover.

Simmons: What is that thing?

Church: You guys remember Tex?

Simmons: Yeheah, the girl who kicked our asses all the time?

Amity: Yeah, well, this thing's like, eight of her.

Hunter: Oh man why couldn't V be here?

Church: She left with Tucker. But yeah V could probably kick that things ass.

Washington: It must be at full power now. Church, you and the Reds keep it busy. I'm going to help Caboose.

Washington runs off.

Simmons: Did he say keep it busy?

Church: Yeah...

Hunter: How the hell do we do that?

Sarge: Looks like Grif is doing a pretty good job already.

Cut to a pile of objects of considerable size and mass, with more arriving regularly, and Grif behind it

Grif: Okay I get it! Stop throwing things at me, you fucking jackass!

Sarge: Keep up the good work, Grif!

Grif: Ow! Okay, that could have taken out an eye!

Hunter: Thank you for your service Grif!

Cut to Wash arriving at Caboose's limp body. With Luz helping the now awake South.