Getting All Misty

(I'm putting this out here right now before this chapter continues, I said the ages of Luz and Amity a while back but I'm saying this again. Luz and Amity ages in the story are 23. Let me repeat. 23! So I don't want to hear anything about the last part of this chapter. And for. THE! LAST! TIME! Luz and Amity are 23 in this story! The final part of this chapter is going to be heavily applied not flat out stated! Plus is going to explain something's later in the story.)

Fade in to Donut, Hunter, and Sarge attacking the Blue Base ...sort of

Donut: If you don't like the plants idea, how do ya feel about a fountain in the armory? That place is so gloomy.

Hunter: I don't hate that idea. Your right that place is gloomy.

Sarge: Come on, Donut, give it a rest already. I agreed to let you use Grif's helmet as a decorative bird bath, didn't I? Don't oversell.

Donut: Okay, but I have just one more idea. I'm gonna say two words, and then walk away. Chantilly, lace.

Sarge: Unless you're about to start singin' a Big Bopper song, I think the best part of that idea is the walkin' away.

Hunter: I don't hate it but I'm not loving it.

Donut: Let it simmer.

Sarge: Hmm, no sign of any defenses. I think we might be catching Simmons at a weak moment.

Donut: Hmm, no sign of the tank either.

Sarge: Dear God, the madness is spreading! It's only a matter of time before it takes me!

Hunter: Yeah sure. I'm waiting out here. There could be more blues coming.

Sarge: Good idea private.

There is the sound of Grif coming up from the grav lift

Grif: Wheeeeeeeee!

Donut: Did you hear that? It sounds like they're having fun in there.

Sarge: Clearly Grif has become so stupid, he's mixed up the yells for pain and happiness! Simmons must be doing absolutely diabolical things to him! Let's give him a few more hours, see if he escapes on his own.

Grif: Simmons I am having a blast going in and out of your hole!

Simmons: Grif just stay down there like you're told.

Donut: Well that's my cue, let's go!

Cut to Simmons inside the Base

Simmons: Grif, stop it I need your help.

Grif: (still going in and out of the grav lift) Go ahead, I'm listening.

Simmons: Would you stop riding that stupid grav lift?

Grif: I can do both at once. And why don't we have one of these things?

Simmons: The tank's been making upgrades to the base over the last few hundred years.

Grif: How did it do that without any tools? Or arms?

Simmons: I don't know, a lot of what she says doesn't match up. I think she might be lying to me.

Grif: You think the enemy's weapons are lying to us? What a surprise!

Simmons: It seems like a setup, I just can't figure out how.

Grif: (getting punched) Ow!

Simmons: I don't know, if I can piece it together maybe that'll help fix things with- Sarge!?

Sarge: Hello, Simmons.

Simmons: Where's Grif?

Sarge: Well this here's a rescue operation. He's unconscious down below, being prepped for evac.