Points of Origin

Tex, together with Church, Tucker, Gus, Luz, Lilith and Caboose, is standing outside Blue Base.

Tex: As far as I'm concerned, I'm square with you.

Caboose and Tucker simultaneously turn to face Church.

Church: I saved you from a life of imprisonment. How the hell are you square with me?

Caboose and Tucker simultaneously turn to Tex.

Tex: Because I didn't kill you back at Sidewinder.

Caboose and Tucker turn back to Church.

Church: You know, I don't really see how not killing somebody is the same thing as doing them a favor.

Caboose and Tucker turn to Tex.

Tex: Well, if you don't appreciate it, I could just kill you right now.

Church: No, you can't! I'm already dead, bitch! I guess the joke's on you!

Caboose: Stop it! Stop fighting. Can't you see that you're tearing us apart? WHAT ABOUT US?

Tex: What about you?

Caboose: We helped you too. And what do we get? Nothing!

Tex: Well yeah, but...

Church: Yeah, but nothin'. He's got a point.

Tex: I did help them get the flag back.

Tucker: Yeah, but you were paid to do that. We rescued you as a favor. We could have just let you rot in the Red Army prison, it wouldn't have made any difference to us.

Tex: I would, stay here as long as it takes to help you guys win this thing. But I'm not helping because of Lilith.

Lilith: Look you own us a favor.

Tex: Oh you have a lot of nerve to ask for a fave. You expect me to help after what you did to Eda!

Lilith: Look I regret what happened that day but she deserved some for what she did!

Church: Ok what the hell are you talking about?

Tex: Look I'll help if you tell them.

Lilith: (Sigh) Ok fine. You guys know Eda is my sister. No one could separate us back then. We joined the military together, me and Eda were equals as fighters. So we got into special forces. The main thing we did was go on mission to stop Covenant ships. One mission we were working with Master Chief.

Luz: The Master Chief! As in the guy you blew up a inter covenant ammonia

Tex: The very same. I was hired for ground combat. I knew the two for a bit around a year.

Lilith: The mission was simple my team steal and destroy weapons, Eda blow up the power engine, and Master Chief at the main hall. But the expansion went off early because of that it got my friends I knew since I was five. She had one job and it got most of her team.

Gus: But what did you do after?

Lilith: We...We got into a fight she blamed me for getting her husband killed and blamed her for getting two of my friends killed. It was long, brutal, and bloody. I lost the fight but she said something that caused what happened next. She said "Because I am better then you". I was angry but I did something that I shouldn't have.

Tucker: What was it?

Lilith: You saw how Eda as a prosthetic arm.

Luz: You didn't.

Lilith: I threw a grenade and it blew up close to Eda. She had to get her arm amputated and her eye was somewhat blinded. She can still see fine with it. It just her iris was white like a blind person.