Chapter nineteen

Chairman: To the Director of Project Freelancer.

Fade in to the electronic storage area for A.I.s

Chairman: I write to inform you, that by the authority of this sub-committee, officers have been dispatched, to place you under arrest, and we expect your full cooperation. Congratulations are in order, I suppose. When they write the new morality protocols for dealing with A.I., I'm certain they will name entire sections of the doctrine after you. It seems that you will earn your place in history after all, dear Director.

Cut to the Meta fighting the Freelancer soldiers killing most of them. All of them.

Then cut to the the reds, blues, South and Wash back in the motor pool. With Luz in the Hornet ready to go.

Washington: Alright. Stick to the plan. Just run. Get Epsilon out of here. Turn it over to the authorities the first chance you get.

Simmons: Sarge, shouldn't we help him? He won't stand a chance against that thing.

Sarge: We have our orders, Simmons. We have to think about the mission.

Grif: Finally! An order I wanna follow. "Run away and live."

Hunter: The good old fashion make a break for it.

Sarge: If Agent Wash wants to face him alone, that's his business.

Simmons: Yeah but he doesn't wanna face him alone. It's just that some people won't help him.

Sarge: That's not our business either.

Washington: Just drive. When the E.M.P. goes off-

Caboose: You mean the Emp?

Washington: Stop it. It will destroy Epsilon if you're not far enough away.

Amity: And you. Understood.

Washington: Take care of yourself, guys.

Church: Yeah... I'll see you around.

Washington walked over to a panel and opened the hanger's exit. Caboose and Amity getting into one of the warthogs. Caboose being the rider and Amity at shotgun. With the reds going into the other.

Washington: He's going to be on you as soon as you clear the gates. Be ready to move. Protect the Hornet at any costs.

Sarge: Protect the Blues, right, yeah. We'll get riiight on that shit.

Amity: Hey my girlfriend is in that thing. I'll protect with my life.

Caboose: You got it, Mister Washington.

Washington: Take care of yourself, guys. I know that's one thing you're good at.

South: Wash, here.

Washington: Huh?

She tossed him a device.

South: I snagged it on the way here. Don't die..you and I have already lost enough. And I'm sorry. Sorry for I did to you.

Washington: ...Thanks.

South walks into the Hornet. With it flying up.

Cut to The Meta walked over a few dead bodies when he heard the sounds of a propeller and engine. He used his visor's zoom feature and saw the Hornet hovering above the two Warthogs. He then saw Washington crouched near where they came from.

Radio sounds

Washington: That's it. Lead the Meta as far away from the base as possible.

An A.I.: It's a trick.