chapter 2

Rylies POV-

I woke up around 9:00am today. I usually like to sleep in longer but I had a long day ahead. I was working on releasing my album and I had an event to go to later.

I got dressed for the day and drove my car to my managers place so we could discuss things over. Once I got to her place, I knocked on her door.

"Hey come in." She said smiling.

I walked behind her and followed her to her living room.

"So, we have the red carpet event for later do you have any questions?" she said.

"No not really I think I have everything settled for that. I just need to know when the car will be there to pick me up and thats it really." I said.

We continued to talk for another hour about things happening in between now and 3 months. I liked working with Jane and my team because they know I like to know things months in advance and they really help with that. After an hour of us talking, I decided to go back home.

7pm.

I was getting ready for the event when I heard my doorbell so I walked downstairs to see who it was.

It was Gracie and she was in a long black dress. Wow she looked pretty.

"Hey, I forgot the key you gave me so I couldn't just walk in." She said smiling.

I rolled my eyes and moved to the side to give her space to walk in.

"what are you doing here?" I asked shutting the door.

"Wow so you do hate me and I should just start crying now." She said.

"Yes I do hate you. Matter of fact, I'm gonna need that key back." I say.

She faked gasped and then smiled at me.

"you look great gracie." I said looking at her.

She looked down and smiled.

"Thank you, so do you. um I was just wondering if I could ride with you to the event? if not I can just drive there myself." she said.

"No you can ride with me. Are you crazy? if the paparazzi see your car they wouldn't even let you get out but also I thought Luke was driving you guys there?" I said.

She sighed and then looked at me.

"No. He forgot about it and I guess made plans with his friends so he went out with them instead but it's fine." she said biting the inside of her mouth.

I took a deep breath in and then just walked into my living room.

"What? Why did you just do that?" She said following after me.

"Nothing." I said sitting down on my couch.

"No Ry, what is it?" she said.

I looked up at her as she looked at me with desperate eyes.

"I just don't understand why you're with him. He never shows up to things that are important to you and he just treats you like shit." I said.

"He's just busy Rylie and he doesn't treat me like shit plus why does it matter to you?" she said slightly raising her voice.

"seriously gracie you're gonna stand there and ask me why it matters to me? you're my bestfriend and you deserve so much better than him." I said.

"Just stop! leave it alone I don't want to talk about it anymore and it's not your business." She said sighing.

"sorry I don't wanna stand around and let my bestfriend get treated like shit." I said laughing.

"Rylie just drop it. It's not your relationship." She said.

A beep came from outside so I got up and walked to the door.

"Our car is here." I said dryly and walking out of my house.

I got into the car and Gracie got in after me.

We didn't talk the whole way to the event so I was really uncomfortable because I don't like silence after an argument. Once we got to the event I was about to get out of the car but Gracie held me back.

"Stop being mad at me." She said.

"Gracie lets just go." I said sighing.

"But you're mad at me and we're literally walking the red carpet together, are you seriously just gonna be mad at me the whole time?" she said.

"i'm not mad just drop it. I don't even care anymore you do what you want and I won't say anything about it." I said getting out of the car.

I held the door open for her as the paparazzi began coming towards her. We both smiled at each other and acted like everything was normal. I shut the door once she got out and put her in front of me because I know how paparazzi can get.

"Move. We're trying to get through!" My security guard Bob said.

Once we finally got in we went to the red carpet. I always think i'll get used to it but I don't.

2 hours later.

The event was coming to an end and Gracie and I were sitting at a table talking to each other but not really.

"hey i'm gonna go. Luke is outside." She said getting up.

"What? he can't even come in here and walk you to his car safely?" I said.

"Okay Rylie enough. Stop acting like you're in love with me or something. Leave me and my relationship alone." She said grabbing her bag and walking away.

fuck me.

The truth is i've always cares about Gracie more than anyone in my life. Some people think I have feelings for her but I always push it away because I know she can never feel a way towards me even if I did feel that way about her.