chapter 26

Gracies POV-

I woke up confused as it was only 8am and Rylie wasn't in bed with me. I put my robe on and went downstairs to see her sitting down with a woman next to her. I was very confused but she looked up at me and I could see worry in her face so I just walked over to the kitchen and got myself a cup of water knowing she would just explain everything to me later.

A few minutes later she walked into the kitchen and just hugged me so I held her until she was ready to talk.

"I love you." she whispered.

I backed away and held her hand.

"come on lets go back upstairs my love and I love you more." I said putting my arm around her waist.

We walked up to our room and I closed the door and then sat down on the bed with her.

She was looking down fidgeting with her fingers so I grabbed her hands gently and placed them on my lap and rubbed them.

"talk to me whats wrong." I said looking at her.

She looked up and sighed and then wrapped her arms around my waist and put her head on my lap.

"The woman was Stevies mom." she whispered.

My eyes widened and then I looked down at her waiting for her to talk. She began to explain their whole conversation to me and I just listened.

"It's just how do we even bring it up to Stevie that she came here for him and wants him back?" she said.

I stated playing with her hair as we talked.

"We'll just have to sit him down with us and talk with him. Theres no way that we're keeping this from him, I mean he of course deserves to know." I said.

She took a deep breath in and hugged me tighter.

"If I tell you something please tell me it won't change anything between us." She said.

"okay it won't." I said.

"I was thinking about adopting him or like maybe fostering him but I obviously wasn't gonna do that without talking with you first." she said.

I smiled looking down at her.

"I was thinking the same thing baby and even if I wasn't it wouldn't have made me feel or think differently about you or this relationship. Nothing will ever change anything between us and the love I have for you." I said.

She looked up at me and smiled.

"I love you so much." she said.

I leaned down and kissed her.

"I love you so much more and don't worry, we can talk about this together with Stevie later." I said rubbing her face.

She nodded her head and got up.

"can we go to sleep for a couple more hours?" she asked.

I laughed and nodded my head yes so she laid down behind me and held me.

Rylies POV-

Gracie and I woke up about an hour ago and we were now downstairs making breakfast with Stevie.

"Gracie you make the best pancakes ever." Stevie said.

Gracie smiled at him.

"Thank you stevie I try my best not to burn them." she said.

"Yeah you should see how good they are when they're burnt." I said winking at Gracie.

"Okay shut up and eat." she said flipping me off.