chapter 28

2 months later.

Gracies POV-

Stevie moved into an apartment with his mom not too far from our place. We were happy that his mom was back in the picture for him. He still calls us and comes over sometimes especially when Sarah is working since she had to transfer to another hospital for her nursing job.

Rylie and I haven't had alone time for awhile so I wanted to do something for us. She was in the studio right now working on some new music.

I decided to cook dinner for us and make some of her favorite food. I had to go to the store to get a few candles to put on the table and I also bought her some flowers.

Rylies POV-

I was at the studio recording some songs but I was frustrated because i've been struggling on actually making songs that I like.

"Fuck." I groaned.

"Okay what is going on with you? you haven't been able to focus the past 2 days." Justin said.

"I don't know I really don't. It fucking sucks like I just want to be able to do what i'm good at but I can't even do that and I don't know why." I said putting my hands on my face.

"Okay come out here." Justin said.

I put the headphones up and walked out of the booth and sat down on the couch next to him.

"maybe you're just burnt out." he said.

"I don't know J. I feel like i'm falling back into a place I fought so hard to get out of. I'm just struggling again and I don't know why." I said feeling tears forming in my eyes.

Justin put his arm around me and held me.

"You know i'm here for you and so is Gracie. It's gonna be okay and if you need time to just be with yourself and gracie then have it. " he said.

I nodded and took a deep breath in.

"okay. Maybe I should go back home and just try to relax." I said.

"Yeah go home and just be in the present okay? don't try to just keep writing music and stuff just be with Gracie." he said.

I nodded and hugged him back.

"I love you j." I said.

"I love you too now go." he said smiling.

I smiled at him and got up from the couch and went upstairs and began walking towards my house.

I really didn't know what was going on with me lately. I feel so out of place with myself and just sad I guess.

When I got home I heard music playing softly and smelled food so I walked into the kitchen and saw Gracie turned around mixing something but the lights in the kitchen were dimmed and there were some candles.

"Baby." I said softly.

Gracie turned around smiling at me.

"hey i'm not finished you weren't supposed to come back yet." she said in a baby tone with her bottom lip out.

"oh im sorry." I said slightly laughing and walking up to her and hugging her.

She hugged me back but I didn't let go of her and just held onto her and put my head on her chest.

"hey you okay my love?" she said rubbing my cheek.

"yeah I just love you. Thank you for making us dinner." I said letting go and kissing her.

I didn't feel okay but she did all of this for us and I wasn't gonna ruin it. My feelings could wait.

"I love you and go sit i'll get our plates ready." she said smiling at me.