chapter 27

The next day

Rylies POV-

After the talk we had with Stevie, Gracie and I contacted his mom and we agreed for her to come here at 3 since it was the best time for Gracie and I since we were busy all morning.
Gracie and I were sitting on the couch while Stevie was in his room drawing.

The door bell rang and I got up and opened to see his mom, Sarah.

"hi, come in." I said slightly smiling.

She came in and I shut the door behind her and then made my way into the living with her behind me.

Gracie looked up and then got up.

"Sarah this is my fiancé, Gracie. And my love this is Sarah since you guys didn't get to meet the last time she was here." I said smiling at them both.

Gracie stuck her hand out and shook Sarahs hand.

"Hi, nice to finally meet you." Gracie said smiling.

"Thank you, you too and again thank you so much for agreeing to this." Sarah said smiling.

"Of course. Let me go get him and then we can sit down." Gracie said smiling and then walking away.

Sarah and I sat down on the couch and she was looking down.

"It's okay to be nervous." I said.

She looked up and took a deep breath in.

"I'm just scared that he hates me. I know his dad probably told him terrible made up things about me." she said.

"He doesn't hate you Sarah regardless of what his dad told him." I said giving her a reassuring smile.

Gracie and Stevie then walked into the living room and Stevie sat down next to Gracie looking at Sarah. They both looked at each other and Sarahs eyes began to fill with tears.

"Are you really my mom?" Stevie spoke.

Sarah nodded her head yes.

"Yes-

"Did you abandon me and leave me with him?" Stevie asked.

"No stevie I promise you that I didn't. I know that thats the story you heard but its not true." She said.

He nodded his head.

"I know they told me but I still wanted to ask you to make sure. So did you come here because you wanted me? like to come live with you?" he asked.

"You're my son stevie of course I want you and want you to come live with me. I know I can't make up for the time lost but I promise that I will try everything to be a good mom to you and for you." she said wiping a tear that fell down.

Stevie got up and hugged her which surprised Gracie and I because we know how he can be with physical touch.

"you're my mom and you came back for me and you seem nice so." he said hugging her.

Sarah let a laugh out while hugging him.

"thank you stevie i'd say i'm a pretty nice person" she said.

He let go and then sat down next to her.

"Do you live close to here?" he asked.

"I live in Seattle where you were born."She said.

Stevie looked at Gracie and I with a sad expression and then looked down and began fidgeting with his fingers.

"but how will I see gracie and rylie? thats far and I really don't want to move far from them." he said in an upset tone.

Sarah looked at us not knowing what to say.

"Um I'm sure we can figure it out Stevie, maybe you guys can come vacation down here during the summer or something." Gracie said holding my hand.

"Stevie do you like living in Los Angeles?" Sarah asked.

He nodded his head looking up.

"Okay i'll find an apartment here therefore you can still see them and we can come over here. Would you like that?" Sarah said.

"Yes! yes please." he said smiling.

Sarah smiled at him and nodded.

We continued our talk for about another hour or so and Stevie was getting more comfortable with Sarah which was surprising but I know it made Gracie and I both happy to see him smiling and laughing with his mom.

Gracie and I agreed to help Sarah look for an apartment here. The plan was for Stevie to stay here until she could do so but they would still talk on the phone and see each other until she had to go back to get her things.