chapter 6

The party.
Gracies POV-

I was in the car with Rylie as we pulled up to Olivias house for the party. There were so many cars and you could hear the music.

"are you sure I have to go in there?" Rylie says looking at me.

"please just for me." I say putting my hand on her arm.

She nodded and then parked the car.

"you know the rule." she said unbuckling her seatbelt and getting out of the car.

I smiled at her as I nodded my head and unbuckled my seatbelt.

I didn't know why but whenever she was driving us anywhere she would always have to open and close my doors for me. I mean i'm glad because that's less work for me.

She opened the door and put her hand out for me to grab so I did.

"thank you." I said.

"of course. you look really pretty by the way and also please don't drink too much or i'm gonna have to carry you out of here over my shoulder." she said.

"i mean that wouldn't be too bad on my part would it?" I said walking away from her smiling.

I hear her sigh and then catch up with me.

Rylies POV-

Gracie and I have been at this party for 2 hours. It's longer than i'd like but since it was for Gracie I was okay with it. Gracie and her friends have been drinking a lot so I just try to keep close in case of anything but I was also having fun doing my own thing.

"hey you're rylie right?" a girl said touching my arm making me turn.

She was pretty. Really pretty even.

"hi yes. who are you?" I said.

"My names Madison, I just thought you were really cute." She said getting closer to me.

"thank you. you're really cute yourself." I said smiling.

" Do you want to go upstairs? I just want to make out thats all." she whispered in my ear.

I looked over at Gracie who was still with her group of friends so I figured she would be okay without me for a few minutes.

"yeah lets go." I said.

The girl grabbed my hand and we both began walking upstairs when my phone went off in my pocket.

"hold on" I said reaching in my pocket.

I saw a message from gracie.

                                     Gracie:)

Can we go now? I want to go.

————————-

I put my phone back into my pocket confused and then looked up at the girl.

"hey i'm so sorry but I have to go. Maybe next time?" I said.

The girl smiled and nodded and then walked away.

I made my way back downstairs but I didn't see Gracie with Olivia.

"Hey liv did you see where gracie went?" I asked.

"hey ry and yeah she said she was gonna go wait in the car for you." she said smiling.

"okay thanks and amazing party by the way thanks for throwing it for her." I said hugging her and then walking away.

I walked out to the car and saw Gracie standing next to it.

"Hey you okay?" I said walking closer to her but she walked to the passenger door.

"yeah i'm fine can we go? I just want to sleep." She said not looking at me.

"Um yeah." I said.

I unlocked the car and then opened her door for her and then walked over to the drivers side and got in.

Gracie seemed upset or something but I didn't want to talk to make her more mad or whatever she was so I just started the car and drove off. We were in LA now so I just decided to drive her back to her place.

"so do you want to play any music?" I asked breaking the silence.

"nope." she said looking out the window.

I just nodded my head and looked forward.

Once we arrived at her place she got out of the car not saying anything and walking up to her door. I got out of the car confused on why she was acting like this towards me.

She walked into her place and I followed after her shutting her door locking it.

"Gracie are you okay? did something happen at the party?" I asked.

She continued walking to her kitchen so I grabbed her hand and turned her around but she still wouldn't look at me.

"Gracie look at me and talk to me. What is going on? Why are you acting like this?" I asked.

She looked at me and she looked upset but also angry.

"Was she pretty Ry?" she said.

I looked at her with a confused expression.

"The girl at the party was she pretty? because you were gonna go upstairs with her." she said looking into my eyes.

"Gracie what does that matter to you? It was a party." I said.

She nodded and then tried walking away again but I turned her around again.

"No gracie talk to me." I said.

"What was that? that thing in the makeup room a month ago? What was it?" she said with her voice cracking.

"it was just a moment thing gracie thats all." I said, even lying to myself.

" Was it though? because I can't stop thinking about it! I can't stop thinking about you and the way you were looking at me back." She said with tears forming in her eyes.

"Grac-

"No if you're just gonna stand here and tell me that it was nothing then I won't believe you because I can't be crazy. I see the way you look at me i mean the way you've always looked at me and the way i've always looked at you. I thought that maybe it was all just in my head but then the thing in the makeup room happened and I can't stop my mind just won't stop." She said looking up at me.

"Gracie we can't. We're just friends thats all. It wouldn't work and I won't risk losing you." I said looking down.

"I can't be just friends with you Rylie especially when all I think about is just kissing you every single time you look at me. It drives me insane." She said.

I look up at her and take a deep breath in closing my eyes.

"You had a lot to drink tonight you're just drunk." I said.

" No no I'm not drunk. I had some shots yes but Rylie I swear to you I am not drunk!" she slightly yelled. 

"Gracie come on don't do this." I said.

I began walking back to her door to leave.

"I think I love you Rylie and I think i've always loved you but I was just too scared to admit it to you and to myself." She said out loud.

I stopped walking and just stared at her door in shock.

" I think I really really love you." She said more quieter this time.

I turned around and walked back to her and grabbed her face and kissed her. I kissed her long and hard but also gentle. I picked her up as we kissed and put her down gently on her kitchen counter. Once we backed away I put my hands on her face and looked her in her eyes.

"You really mean it?" I said quietly.

She smiled and nodded.

"I mean it with everything in me." She said quietly.

She then kissed me again and we smiled into it.