chapter 23

Rylies POV-

It's been almost 2 months now since Stevie has been staying with me and Gracie. Oh yeah Gracie moved in. We've both been trying to get Stevie to open up more with us and we've been spending a lot of our time with him. Gracie and I are definitely closer and our relationship is going well.

I've been thinking about adopting Stevie or even fostering him. I just don't know what to do.

I was sitting in the living room on my laptop looking over my schedule for the month.

"Hey babe are you doing anything tonight? like work wise?" Gracie said coming into the living room.

I shut my laptop and looked up at her.

"No not tonight, why?" I asked.

"Wanna go on a date with me? I feel like we haven't had one in awhile." she said sitting next to me.

"yes of course but is everything okay? you seem a little off." I said slightly smiling at her.

"yup so date tonight. Dress comfortably but also a bit fancy and don't worry, Stevie has our numbers and I made sure to tell Hailey and Justin so they will stop by to check in on him." She said.

I smiled at her and put my hand on her face.

"Wow so you planned this date out huh?" I said smiling at her.

"yes yes I did." she said smiling and kissing me.

Gracies POV-

"i'm gonna go to Livs for a little bit, is that okay?" I asked getting up.

"Babe of course, you don't need to ask me to go places." she said smiling at me.

I nodded and Stevie came out of his room so I smiled at him.

"hi gracie are you leaving?" he asked.

"hi yes I am but since Rylie and I won't be here to make you dinner tonight. What do you want and I can bring it on my way back home or I can just leave money before we leave and you can order food when you're hungry." I said.

He sat down next to Rylie and looked at us both with a look on his face.

"what's wrong buddy?" Rylie said.

"nothing it's just i'm really grateful for everything you guys have been doing for me. You guys took me in without even knowing me." he said.

I sat down on the other side of him and gave him a small smile.

"Stevie we care a lot about you and whatever you need we're here for you." I said.

He nodded and put his arms around us both making Rylie and I smile at each other and then we both wrapped our arms around him.

"we know life hasn't been the best to you stevie and we're so sorry for that." I whispered.

He hugged us tighter and then let go.

"thank you guys." he said looking down.

We nodded and smiled at him when he looked up.

My phone began to ring and it was Olivia so I got up.

"text me if anything, both of you." I said walking to the door.

I turned backed around and looked at them.

"Oh and please try to not go to the mall and spend a crazy amount of money." I said squinting my eyes at them.

"Ugh fine! You're no fun." Rylie faked groaned.

"yeah no fun boo gracie." Stevie said smiling.

"yeah yeah. I'll be back soon." I said smiling at them both and then going out to my car.

I made my way to Livs apartment very nervous because of what I wanted to talk to her about.

I parked my car in her driveway and then knocked on her door. Conan opened it and we hugged each other.

"she's upstairs getting dressed because she spilled coffee on her shirt."Conan said smiling.

I laughed as we both walked into livs house.

"Okay no need to air out my business jeez." Olivia said coming down her stairs flipping conan off.

I playfully rolled my eyes at them and then hugged liv and we walked over to her couch and sat down.

"okay so whats this thing you wanted to talk to us about?" liv asked.

"oh yeah spill the tea please." Conan said.

I looked down and looked up at them smiling as I played with my rings.

"what? what is it?"Liv said.

"I'm gonna ask her to marry me tonight." I said looking at them.

Both of their eyes went wide and then they smiled and hugged me.

"oh my fucking god are you serious?" Liv said.

"Yes but i'm scared what if she says no?" I asked.

"you're absolutely crazy for even thinking that Gracie, that girl is so madly in love with you." Conan said.

I smiled at them and tears started forming in my eyes.

"awe no don't cry its okay gracie." They said hugging me again.

"There's another thing and I don't know if i'm crazy or what but if she doesn't feel the same way about it then I can't do anything about it." I said sniffling.

They nodded and looked at me.

"So you know how Stevie has been staying with us right? well I was thinking of maybe bringing it up to her about how I want to like I don't know make him like ours and trust me I know it seems crazy but I've grown attached to him and Rylie and just us 3 together and it's like we have a little family and I care about him so much and especially with everything he's shared with us I just want to protect him and never let anyone hurt him again." I said taking a deep breath in.

"Okay first you're not crazy and second I think you guys should both talk about this and figure it out together. I know it's a scary topic to bring up but maybe you guys will end up feeling the same way." Conan said smiling at me.

"Exactly and I honestly don't think I can even think about anyone else taking him and adopting him bur you guys. It's like this is all meant to be for you guys." Liv said smiling too.

I smiled at them and hugged them.

"thank you guys so much. It's just all so nerve wracking. I really hope she says yes to marrying me." I said.

"she will trust me." Liv said.