chapter 24

Gracies POV-

Rylie and I were walking downstairs ready for our date. To say I was nervous wouldn't even be the word.

"hey stevie can you come here?" I yelled out.

He got up from the couch and walked up to us at the door.

"our phone numbers and justin and haileys are on the fridge. you already have them in your phone but just incase. They will come to check on you but call us if anything." I said to him.

He nodded and hugged us.

"are you sure I can use that money for food?" he asked.

"of course you can buddy we left it all for you." Rylie said smiling at him.

I smiled listening to them talk.

"have fun on your date!" he said walking back to the couch.

Rylie and I smiled at each other as we walked out of the door.

I was driving us to this restaurant but I made rylie cover her eyes the whole time because we weren't actually eating in the restaurant. I paid to have the top deck of the restaurant to ourselves and they decorated it with lights.

"babe do I really need this on? I wanna look at you while you drive." she whined.

I looked over and smiled at her and grabbed one of her hands and held it.

"we're like almost there I promise." I said kissing her hand.

I continued to drive and 5 minutes later we reached the restaurant.

"Wait babe you wanna know what I just realized?" I asked before getting out.

She made a "hmm" noise.

"For once i'm actually opening the door for you because you never let me." I said.

"well maybe if I could see then I would go around and open your door for you." She said in a sarcastic tone.

"yeah shut up." I said getting out of the car.

I helped her get out of the car and then I helped her walk up the stairs that led to the deck of the restaurant.

"I'm never agreeing to this again. You just almost made me crack my head open!" she said crossing her arms.

"you're a big baby it's not my fault you missed a step when I told you where to step and come on you can take it off now." I said wrapping my arms around her waist from behind.

Rylies POV-

I took the blind fold off and looked around to see that we were literally on top of a restaurant and we could see the city from here and there were lights hung around and a table in the middle.

I turned around and looked at Gracie with tears forming in my eyes.

"hey no crying." she said cupping my face and wiping my years.

I wrapped my arms around and hugged her picking her up.

Once I put her down I gently kissed her.

"I love you so much." I whispered against her lips.

"I love you so much more, come sit." she said taking my hand and bringing me over to the table.

1 hour later.

"I love seeing the city lit up at night." I said looking over the balcony.

Gracie wrapped her arms around me and held onto me.

"I know you do and thats why I thought this was the perfect place." She said backing away.

She walked over to her purse and took something out and then walked back to me.

She took a deep breath in and then got down in one knee in front of me.

I opened my mouth with my eyes wide in shock.

"gracie is this really happening?" I said.

She nodded with tears forming in her eyes.

"oh god rylie I just love you so much." she said letting out a big breath.

" I love you more." I said with tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm so glad that i've had the chance to know you basically my whole life. You mean so much to me and I know that I don't ever want to spend life without you by my side. I love waking up to you every morning and sleeping next to you every night, I love cooking together even when we accidentally burn the food." she said letting out a laugh.

We both laughed together and I held onto her hand.

"I even love it when I wake up and see that you have all of the blankets around you. I just love you and I want to continue to do everything in life with you. You're my bestfriend and my lover in one and im so grateful for everything that you do for me and for stevie too. I love you so much and I promise you to always love and take care of you. Rylie, will you marry me?" She said with tears now falling down her face.

I stared at her smiling and then got down on one knee in front of her. She watched me as I watched her and then I went into my back pocket and pulled out a box.

Her eyes went wide and then they softened.

"You did it before I could but i'm so glad we had the same idea. I love you and i know you'll love me and take care of me because you always do it and you always have. i'm so lucky to have you in my life. I would absolutely love to marry you but Gracie will you marry me too?" I said opening the box.

She jumped into my arms and we held each other crying but smiling too.

"yes absolutely yes!" she said as I twirled her around.

I put her down and cupped her face and kissed her. We both backed away smiling.

"thank you for setting all of this up. this was amazing." I said looking at her.

"I just wanted it to be perfect." she said smiling.

"it's so perfect." I said wrapping my arms around her again.