chapter 25

Gracies POV-
Rylie and I were going back home after our date. We were both extremely happy and we wouldn't want it any other way. I was so nervous about asking her but when she asked me too it just made my heart go crazy.

"we're home sweet girl." she said smiling at me.

"my feet hurt so I took my heels off and I really don't want to put them back on." I said smiling looking at her.

She playfully rolled her eyes and smiled at me and then she got out of the car and made her way to my side opening my door.

"come on jump." she said with her arms out.

I let a little laugh out and then jumped into her arms.

"big muscles." I said kissing her cheek.

"all for you." she said smiling at me.

She walked us into our house quietly since it was a little late and we didn't want to wake stevie.

She brought us upstairs and gently put me down on our bed but she looked at me and smiled.

"what? why are you looking at me like that?" I said smiling at her.

"you're just perfect and I can't wait to make you my wife." she said cupping my face.

"your wife sounds so amazing." I said smiling.

She leaned in and kissed me. The night wasn't over just yet.

The next morning:)

Rylies POV-

I woke up to someone banging on the door, luckily it didn't wake gracie up because we were up late last night.

I put slipped my shirt and shorts on and then made my way downstairs. I opened the door to see a woman in her late 20s or 30s.

"hi um is your name Rylie bieber or Gracie Abrams I think they said." she said.

"Yes i'm Rylie, How can I help you?" I asked.

"I think you have my son staying with you." she said quietly.

My heart dropped and I just looked at her.

"Please can I just come in and we can talk?" she asked.

I slowly nodded and moved over to the side so she can come in.

I walked her over to the living room and we both sat down. Thankfully it was still morning so Stevie wouldn't be awake.

"How is he?" she asked looking down.

I felt my blood start to boil.

"he's fine but you would have known that if you didn't abandon him." I said looking at her.

She looked up taken back and then nodded.

"Rylie I didn't abandon him and my sister told me last night that they tried reaching out to her about taking him when his father died and she declined which upset me very much. I hopped on the first flight here once she told me she found out he might be staying with you." She said.

I got up and laughed.

"you didn't abandon him? he said that you left him with his dad when he was born" I said looking back at her.

"Rylie I was just a kid and giving him up wasn't my choice. My parents did that and then moved us away. I was just a kid and-

She took a deep breath in as tears began to form into her eyes.

I sat back down next to her when I realized she was telling the truth.

"I was 14 when I had him. His dad was 17 about to turn 18 and we had went to school together. We were at a party when we met and thats where." she said moving her hands around.

I nodded at her.

"um so after my parents found out I was pregnant and i was too far along to abort it, they pretended that they were happy about it but when I had him they wouldn't let me hold him and they took him away. A few days later our house was up for sale and we moved to Michigan.  From Seattle to Michigan just so I was far enough away from him and his dad. When I turned 19 and finally had enough money saved up, I moved back to Seattle in hopes of finding them there but my sister told me I would find my son here last night. I've been on a flight all night just so I could finally meet him. I want my son back." she said with her voice cracking at the end.

I took a deep breath in and looked at her.

"I'm sorry for being rude to you. You didn't deserve to have your son taken away from you especially from your parents." I said.

She looked down and nodded.

"Is he here right now?" she asked.

"yes but he's asleep. He usually sleeps in until 10 or 11 but um whats your name?" I asked.

"Sarah Wells. I know that I just showed up out of nowhere and i'm sorry for that but is there any way that we could all speak together?" She asked.

"Gracie and I are both free tomorrow but we would also have to talk to Stevie and see how he feels about this. It wouldn't be fair to just have him see you and him not know." I said.

She nodded and looked up at me.

"Tell him i'm sorry and that I really want to meet him and make things right. I know I can never make up for the times that were lost but I want my son back and I always have." she said.

She began to cry so I put an arm around her. Although I really was thinking about adopting Stevie, this was his mom and being without him wasn't her choice and it wouldn't be fair if I told her no and kept that from Stevie. If anything it was all up to Stevie what he wanted to do and whatever he chose I would just have to accept that.

I heard foot steps coming down the stairs so I looked up behind me and saw Gracie. She gave me a confused look and then walked into the kitchen.

"I should probably get going but heres my number and i'll be staying at a motel not far from here so please call me when you've talked to him." she said getting up and reaching in her purse and taking out a piece of paper and pen.

She then handed me the paper.

"Thank you so much for letting me come in and talk with you." she said slightly smiling.

"Of course." I said slightly smiling back.

I walked her up to the door and then we both said goodbye.