chapter 10

Gracies POV-

I was in my apartment just playing my piano. It was around 6pm and I had a very long day and just wanted to be home and do things that I love. Unfortunately, Rylie was busy so I wasn't able to see her today but she texted me as much as she could.

My phone went off so I checked it and a random number texted me.

Messages:
306-123-4567

6:32pm
Break up with her.

6:33pm
Or else the whole world will know you're a whore.

6:34
Social media will love the pictures of you two that I have. You're disgusting for moving on so quickly.

——————————-

I just sat there looking at my phone not knowing what to think and then I got another message.

Did you let her fuck you after this?

Leave her or else i'll ruin both of your careers.

———————-

I threw my phone and tears began coming out of my eyes. A knock came at my door so I quickly wiped my tears and went to the door. I opened my door and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

Luke pushed me to the side and came in and slammed the door.

"hey darling, did you get my messages?" He said coming closer to me.

"get away from me. Why are you here? why are you doing this?" I said looking at him.

"Did you really think that you could just dump me over the phone and I wouldn't try to get you back?" he said smiling.

"I don't want to be with you Luke. You were horrible to me!" I yelled.

His smile turned into an angry look and he pushed my back against my kitchen counter.

"I gave you everything Gracie. I love you so much and I'm the best you'll ever have. Why can't you see that?" He said.

"I love Rylie, Luke. I always have." I said looking into his eyes.

"Don't say that." he said laughing.

"I don't love you!" I yelled.

"leave her tonight or both of you will regret it." He said walking away and out of my apartment.

I just felt my knees get weak and I fell to my floor bawling my eyes out. I hate this, I hate him, I hate how he scares me.

I didn't want to leave her, I loved her more than anything. I wouldn't have cared so much if he was just coming after me but he was coming after her too and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew I could have stopped her career from getting destroyed. She has an album coming out and its so important to her, I can't do that to her.

I got up and wiped my tears and grabbed my car keys and walked out to my car and made my way to her house.

Once I made it to her house I had to stop myself from breaking down again. I finally pulled myself together and made my way to her front door.

Rylies POV-

I had just gotten home from being in meetings all day so I was exhausted sitting on my couch eating pizza I picked up on my way home. A knock came at my door so I got up and opened it to see Gracie and she didn't look okay.

"Hey sweet girl, come in." I said smiling at her.

She came in and I closed the door behind her and followed her as she walked into my living room.

She sat down so I sat down next to her but she wouldn't look up at me.

"We need to talk." She said.

What the hell is happening????

"what's wrong my love?" I said grabbing her hand but she slowly pushed it away.

"I think we should break up. I don't want to do this anymore." She said.

I was taken back and couldn't think of what to say.

"Gracie what?" I said laughing nervously.

"we can't be together anymore. I don't want to be together so this is it." She said getting up fast and walking to my door.

I chased after her and turned her around and saw tears falling from her face.

"Gracie you're the one who told me you loved me and that you wanted this and now you're leaving? This doesn't make any sense. I thought things were going great." I said with tears forming in my eyes.

She looked up at me and her eyes softened and she put her hand on my cheek wiping a tear.

"I'm so sorry. please understand that. It's done ry it has to be." she said with her voice breaking.

"why? was it something I did? gracie please don't do this." I said looking into her eyes.

"no ry you were everything and more but maybe we should have just stayed friends. i'm sorry. go be happy please." She said breaking down and running out of my house and into her car.

I chased after her but she immediately drove away. I stood there with tears going down my face. If I didn't do anything then this makes no fucking sense especially because we were perfectly fine a few hours ago.

I ran into my house and grabbed my car keys. I couldn't just let her leave so easily especially when this didn't make any sense. She couldn't even look at me and when she did I could tell she didn't want to say the things she said.

I quickly got into my car and made my way to her apartment. I almost crashed because I couldn't see well with my tears in my eyes.

I got out of my car and made my way up to her apartment.