4.

After dinner Ruhaan marched upstairs to his room, while his brother Saad and Eira kept trying to cheer up Rooh. He was loathing her presence in his life, haveli and everywhere. He was literally hating the fact that his parents too was trying to make her feel home.

He sighed inhaling the fresh cool air. The month was starting October, inviting the winters. He felt a soft tap on his shoulder. Knowing the owner he smiled charmingly.

"Mama" he called, his mother smiled and caressed his cheek.

"Ruhaan, kal Ruby ki barsi h, unki kabar par chadar or phool chara dena ap?" She said softly. He frowned and said, "ap muje hi kyu bhejti h? Meri mama sirf ap h!" He says feeling uneasiness. He hates the the fact, that Ziya remembers Ruby's death anniversary and birthday too.

"Aese nhi bolti, ap humare bete h, lekin.. ye baat

"Mama bss ap or kuch nhi bolna kya ap mujse pyaar nhi karti?" He asked like a small kid.

"Apni jaan se zyda, or Saad se bhi zyda" she says chuckling. He chuckled.

She cupped his cheeks and said, "Ruhaan, Rooh se itni nafrat mat karo"

He frowned more, "mama yakeen kare muje usse koi problem nhi h, bss i hate the fact uske paas meri Nisa ka dil h" he said in low voice.

"Nisa kabhi apki thi hi nhi beta, ap btao, aaj agar uske paas Nisa ka dil h, toh kya wo Rooh ka wajood nhi ban chuka h? Agar Rooh apke liye na hoti toh kya Nisa apko kabhi sach kyu na batati?" She said softly caressing his cheek. She knew he was running from the truth.

A long tear escaped his eye. "I loved her mama" he said with cracked voice.

"Koi baat nhi, mohabbat yahi hoti h, jisse ap mohabbat karo or wo apko chahe zaruri nhi h, mohabbat ke usool bade ulte h" she said smiling painfully.

"Kya me aesi life deserve nhi karta? Jesi ap or baba h, jese Saad or Eira h? Nezi phupho or phupha h?" He asked softly.

"Bilkul karte ho meri jaan, lekin wo mohabbat, wo sukoon apne Rooh me talash karni h, nikkah karlo Ruhaan" she said making his eyes widened.

"Apni saari baate ek dafa ek trfa rkh do, or uss bachi ka socho, ek masoon bachi wo saza bhugat rahi h jo uska juram hi nhi? Usse kabhi maa baap ka pyaar nhi mila, Nisa ne usse chhat di, padaya, lekin maa baap ki kami koi puri nhi kar sakta na? Ap reh lenge humare or wajid sahab ke bina bataye? Or toh or... uske moh bole maa baap ne unhe yaha bhjene ke badle Neziha appo se pese tak liye! Ab ap sochiye uspe kya beet rahi hogi" she said with tears in her eyes.

His eyes widened at such information. "Kya?" Ziya nodded and said, "ap hi akhiri umeed h uski, umeed mat thorna.. bhen apki bhi h, makhafat e amal ki chakki sabke hisse ka phisti h" she said warning him. He bowed down and she caressed his hair.

"Me koshih karunga, apke liye, apni bhen ke liye, insaniyat ke liye.. lekin me usse mohabbat nhi kar paonga" he said the last part to himself.

--

The very next morning, Rooh did her regular routine and got ready for university. She strolled downstairs, she was about to enter the dinning area when Eira startled her making her yell loudly.

"Appi! Apne dara diya hume" she said pouting. Eira giggled and said, "abhi dara kar aa rahi hu saad ko!" They both giggled.

All arrived, only he was missing. She didn't cared much and started having her breakfast. She smiled at Saad and Eira. Who filled each others plate. She looked at them longingly and smiled sadly.

Bringing her back to reality, he said his salam in his most dominating voice. She flinched and gathered herself digging in her plate. He saw her and sat down beside her, Ziya smiled at him. He reciprocated the small softly.