7.

Being tired physically and mentally stressed he just stepped in the haveli. When his mother engulfed into a bone crushing hug. "Ruhaan ap roz late kyu aate h?" Asked Ziya, his mother. All his worries disappeared into thin air.

"Taki me baba se unki biwi, meri mama ko kuch lamhat ke liye chura pau" he said smiling charmly at his mother. Ziya smiled at his son.

"Aaye me khana garam karti hu, ap fresh ho jaye" Ziya said ruffling his hair.

"Wo bacha thodina h begum" Wajid said grumpily sitting on the sofa. Ruhaan chuckled and kissed his mother's forehead.

"Mama baba ap araam kare me khana kha lunga" he said and Wajid stood up nodding and yawing, "haa begum isko khane do khud ab bacha thodina h"

"Lekin..." Ziya tried to protest but Rooh came down grabbing the attention. Ruhaan's eyes swiftly snapped to her who was already looking down. She never dares to meet his eyes.

He scanned her face, seems like she cried buckets of tears. Her eyes seems puffy, red and soo her nose. The glow she had was the same one which a person has after crying.

His parents went to their room., not before Ziya asking Rooh to heat up the dinner. She  nodded agreeing. And slowly strolls to kitchen. His eyes followed her until she disappeared inside. He sighed and quickly marched upstairs getting freshen up, chaning his cloths he came downstairs.

While she reheated the food and was now placing it properly on the table.

He cleared his throat gaining her attention. She slowly moved a side and stood away.

He sat on his chair. "Apne kha liya?" He asked softly.

She just nodded in yes.

He hummed and sighed. He hates having dinner all alone. He just stared at the food.

While here Ziya was soo restless, she knew his this habit. And Wajid was snoring peacefully holding Ziya's hand.

"Humara beta bhuka nhi reh jaye" she thought and stood up to check upon him.

"Begum.. wo 32 saal h ab! 2 saal ka nhi.. ap usse or uski hone wali biwi ko akela choriye thoda moka dijye unhe baat karne ka, ek dusre ko smjhne ka" he said being all sleepy. He woke up when she slipped her hand from his grip.

She hummed and layed back.

And here, Rooh frowned at him. But she had no courage to ask him why he was not eating.

He turned to her and asked, "ap soo jaye.. me kha lunga"

"Lekin kha toh nhi rahe ap" she said pouting. He hummed and whispered slowly.

"Me akele nhi khata.. muje akale khana khana nhi pasand" he said shrugging.

She nodded understanding.

"Ab kyuki Aunty ne hume zimedari di h toh apko khana padega!" She said thinking. He raised his one eyebrow.

"Or aesa hone se rha" he said getting up. The food was untouched.

She frowned and quickly held his wrist. He was surprised at her this side.

"Apko khana aese chor kar nhi uthna chahye, Allah ki di huyi niyamat h" she said softly leaving his wrist as if she got an electronic shock. Her heart was beating loud.

He hummed and said, "lekin mujse khaya nhi jayega.. " she facepalmed cutely making him smile a bit.

"Ap bache thodina h! 50 saal ke bhude h or khaya nhi jayega!? " she said keeping her hands on her hips.

His eyes widened, clenching his jaw he tried to scare her. "Me 50 saal ka nazar aa rha hu?"

"Hawww 50 se bhi zyda ke h?" She said gasping innocently.