23.

The hot sizzling parathas with Rooh's special ginger tea, was all ready to be served. Roohi prepared the chutney for the parathas. Rooh grinned at Ruhaan's cup of tea adding 2 tea spoon salt. Making Roohi shook her head. "Bss karo bhen, kitna tadpaogi Ruhaan bhai ko!" She says shaking her head. Rooh pouted and fakely wiped her tears, "umar bhar" both the girls giggled at the conversation.

Ruhaan and Rehab were discussing the matters of business, highly ignored their father in law. They cared less about his presence or anything.

Placing the breakfast on the dinning table, girls called them to have breakfast. Shortly, Ruhaan sipped the tea he desired since long, as the salt flavour bursted all his taste burst he choked on his tea making Rooh gasp, she quickly stood up rubbing his back.

"Ap thik toh h?" She asked innocently, hiding her smile. Composing herself.
"Haa abhi tak toh thik hu" Ruhaan says narrowing his eyes.

While Rehab and Roohi chuckled. As Roohi already whispered her plan to Rehab! Being a good wife, she doesn't want to hide anything from him. "Chai kesi bani h?" Rooh asked innocently.

Meanwhile her father too sipped the tea, and hummed, "bhot achi, wakiye ap bhot umdha chai banati h Rooh" he praised making her smile widely. "Thank you uncle" she says beaming ear to ear, her father smiled sadly.

Ruhaan rolled his eyes at them. Rooh quietly sat back at her place, while Ruhaan narrowed his eyes at her. After their breakfast, Rehab got a call from his mamu, Wajid Shah.

"Jii mamu," he answers as Roohi waits by his side impatiently as Rehab's face turned pale. Roohi slowly patted his arm, "kya hua Rehab? Ap thik toh h?" She asked panicking as Rehab's grip loosen around his phone. Which slipped down his hand.

"Mom, unka accident ho gya Roohi, meri mom ICU me h" he says with small whisper. Their life took a 360° U turn making them shocked. Ruhaan was too take back by his words. He quickly marched upstairs, while Rooh too followed him. "Ap kya krne wale h?" She questioned as he enters the room and he grabs his wallet, phone and his coat.

"Rooh apni chize lelo, hume nikalna hoga, me Nezi phupho ko iss halat me nhi dekh skta" Ruhaan says being desperate to see his phupho. Rooh, never saw him this restless. Ruhaan ran his hand in his hair being frustrated his wallet falls down, scattering his debit credit cards.

He was not able to gather them! His hands were shivering this much. Rooh kneeled down at his level. She softly grabs the cards placing them in his wallet she softly looks at him, "kuch nhi hoga phupho ko, ap itna preshan na ho" she says softly.

He hummed and holding her wrist, they goes down. While Rehab too was ready to leave. Ruhaan gave a pat on his shoulder, "sab thik hoga mere bhai, umeed mat haro" As Ruhaan gives him some strength with his words.

To which their father says taking all the attention, "ye ho kya rha h? Tum logo jana h jao, meri betiya nhi jaynegi uss haveli me wapas" he says being stubborn.

Roohi gives a pleading look to her father. While Rooh held Ruhaan's arm, narrowing his eyes, "hum apki beti nhi, or hum jayenge, hum humare Ruhaan jii ko akela nhi chorenge aesi musibat ki ghari me" she says innocently, as Ruhaan gazes at her with utmost adoration.

Rehab closed his eyes in frustration, "Roohi fesla tumara h, I won't mind" he says pleading. She nodded in no, "me kese apko takleef me chor sakti hu, Dad me aati hu" she says and moves out by her husband.

Rehab was not in state to drive neither Ruhaan let him drive. As he drive to hospital, Rehab's heart was beating fast, he was restless. He already lost his sister now he can afford to lose his mother. He would be broke completely. He looked out window taking deep breath, wiping away his one long tear. Though being an all grown up man he can't show how weak he was feeling as it could make Roohi more worried. But less he knew she was witnessing all his restlessness and praying for her mother in law.

She softly held his hand and kissed his knuckles, "sab thik hoga" she whispered making him nod.

Soon they reached hospital, all four ran into the hallway, Wajid, Saim, Saad along with Eira and Ziya stood there waiting for the doctor. Zareen along with her husband Mehzur too was here.

Other kHans were on their way.

"Mamu, mom?" Rehab asked to Wajid. Meanwhile the doctor came out with a nurse, Wajid's heart skipped a beat. May be his heart was telling him he knew what was the news. He held Rehab's shoulder in a tight grip. Being his supporter.

"We can't say anything now, shayad ab duaye hi bacha sakti h unhe" doctor brekas the sadest news making Rehab's mind go numb.

Saad and Ruhaan holded him by his shoulder making him sit. Roohi couldn't help but feel broken at the news. Rooh was already crying as her mother in law was crying too.

Rehab couldn't think straight, he stood up saying, "me abhi ata hu"

"Rehab kaha ja rha h?" Asked Ruhaan, knowing very well where was he going.

"Koi nhi aana mere piche" Rehab replied without turning back. Roohi was confused, she ran behind him. She called him numerous times but he didn't paid any heed to her call.

"Rehab!! Ruk jaye, warna me khud ko kuch kar lungi!" She yelled on top of her lungs. Making his steps hault.

She speeds up to him, "smjhte kya h khudko? Kaha ja rahe h ap? Haa?" She asked scolding him. Rehab was in no mood to answer her.

"Hato Roohi, let me go" he says making her nod in no. She held his hand and drags him in the garden. Forcefully making him sit, she fetched some water for him. Making him drink the water. She asked, "ap itne zidde h muje nhi malom tha" she says shaking her head. He was still numb.

"Roohi please, muje akela chor do, muje iss waqt thoda sukoon chahye, muje meri maa chahye, sahi salamat" he says with his broken voice. Roohi had never witnessed a man being this weak, that he couldn't even speak and shivering. She held his hand in her small hands, intertwining their fingers. "Apko rona h roo lijye, lekin muje akela mat choriye please, aese waqt mera apke sath hona zaruri h, bhot zaruri" she says softly caressing his cheek.

"Kyu? Kya isse mom thik ho jaynegi?" He asked raising his eyebrows being frustrated.

"Pta nhi, lekin shayd ap thik na rahe or agar ap thik nhi honge toh meri mother in law ko bura lagega, or me bilkul bhi unhe takleef nhi dena chahti" she says drawing circles on his palm.

"Khudgarz ladki" he mumbled making her narrow her eyes. "Ap na pregnant aurato ki trha behave karte h kabhi tanz kaste h kabhi ache se baat krte h toh ek pal me naraz ho jaye h!" She said rolling her eyes making him glare at her.

"Ab ghure nhi muje, dua kare mom ke liye chale mere sath sath pade Durood Shareef, yaad h apko?" She asks making him again glare at her. Raising their hands, they made a dua together.

Roohi blew on him after reciting some more Quran Verses.

While here, Zareen was tried as she was pregnant, Ruhaan advised her to go home and rest, while Rooh was all alone standing in a corner. Fidgeting her fingers. Ruhaan finally spotted her, "yaha kya kar rahi ho?" He questioned, while she showed her palm as she was reciting tasbee.

Meanwhile Wajid's phone rang, he was confused at unknown number. He answers the call, a strong gruffy voice comes from the other side. "Tumne meri betiya mujse chinne ki koshish ki me tumari bhen tumse chin lunga" Wajid's jaw clenched at the person's words.

The mystery was taking twist and turns.

--

Asslamualaikum/ hey
Hope you enjoy this book.
Do vote comment and follow 🤍