34.

The two girls where couldn't be more shocked. Roohi was more affected by it than Rooh. Who was snuggling to her husband's chest. Roohi was stiffened at her place. Rehab called the ambulance. She couldn't help but kept looking at the unconscious body of her father. She was not crying neither sad. Her face was emotionless. Rehab knew he had done somthing that made her traumatised. He sighed at the situation. His brother's life was much mkre important to him rather than her soo called father.

He feared, if anything wrong happened to his brother. He would never afford to lose him or anyone after what happened to his sister. Ruhaan gathered Rooh in his arms. Making her sit in the car. He sighed and turned at the ambulance and the cop team.

Rehab was conversing with the cops. Ruhaan turned to check upon Roohi. He fetched the water bottle from his car and walked towards his car. Roohi flinched when Ruhaan knocked on the tinted glass window. She hoped off the car with no emotion.

He passed the water bottle to her. She had two sips. She sighed and asked, "paidashi khoon kharaba karna sokh gye hoge na tum log?" She questioned making him chuckle. Ruhaan leaned back on the bed. "Kyu? Hum tume kasayi lag rhe?" He asked making her shake her head. "I don't believe Rehab aesa kar sakte h" the weight of unbeliever was lingering in her tone.

"Ye khandani ladayi h, aesi hi hoti h, movies wagera nhi me nhi dekhi?" He asked in duh tone.

"Kafi zyda filmy nhi h!" She mocked making him chuckle. "Relax, jaan se nhi mara tumare baba ko. Bss shoulder pr lagi h, shukar karo usne shoulder pe chalayi goli, me hota seedha heart pr shot karta. Rooh ne bhot saha h apne bachpan se lekar aaj tak, unki wajah se, me toh uss admi ko tumara baap toh kya insan bhi nhi manta!" He said gritting his teeths. Roohi studied Ruhaan's face expression. Indeed hate was visible making her confused.

"Aesa bhi kya kiya h?" She asked in a low whisper. "Haveli chalo sab batayengi mama tume" he says giving a small nod.

"Muje apni car me le chale, me nhi jaongi Rehab ke sath" she says with stammering voice. He shooked his head, "no problem, usse puch aao phle" he says and walks towards his car. Roohi with fear walked towards Rehab who was busy on a call.

He felt a tap on his shoulder. As he turned around. He met with her fears holding eyes. He knew what concept was running in her mind.

"Me.. Ruhaan bhai ke sath chali jao?" She asked stammering. Rehab found her fearfull side the very first time. He thought why not to play around more. This is perfect time to get them together and so their relationship.

"Nhi" he said in his most dominating voice making her shiver. "Lekin.." she tried to speek. But Rehab interrupted, "lekin woh toh already ja chuka h" he said pointing at the car. Roohi's eyes widened.

"Hum bhi chalte h, the show is over now" he says holding her wrist.

While here Ruhaan directly drives to haveli, dropping off Rooh, he drove back to hospital. He need to know how was he now.

Rooh was quiet all the time, since she returned back from the most unwanted scene. Her mind seems to be disturbed badly. She sighed and decided to take a short nap. But sleep was far away. Doing wudu, she offered two rakats of nafils.

Things was getting hard and messed up for her and so her heart. Praying her nafils she read Quran to ease up all her uneasiness.

Meanwhile here, Rehab drove to haveli with Roohi. She was quite as well as scared of him. Rehan stole some glances at her, as soon as they reached haveli. She quickly hoped down the car and rushed inside the haveli to her mother in law.

Her mother in law smiled at her arrival. But was shocked to see her eyes filled with tears. She quickly engulfed her into a hug. "Kisne!? Kisne himakat ki meri beti ko rulane ki?" She asked cupping her cheeks. Roohi sobbed and wiped away her tears. Meanwhile Rehab too entered his mother's room. He paid his salam and he kept his car keys at the table and looked at his wife who was glaring at him by being her mother in laws side.

"Mamma apko malom h inhone kya kiya?!" She said sniffing. "Haan btao kya kiya? Mene marna h isne agr tumare aansu ke piche iska hath h toh!" She warned Rehab who had zero effect. Seems like Rehab was getting bold day by day.

"Ye ... inhone mere dad par

"Gussa kiya! Hadd bhi toh, aese kese mujse bina puche firse lekar jaa rhe the Roohi ko!" He changed the topic knowing that his mother would be stressed. Roohi gasped at his lie. His mother frowned, "toh? Jane dete wesi bhi bachi kon roz roz ja paati h waha. Woh uska ghar h aakhir mann karta hoga uska bhi apne baba se milne ka" she said frowing at him.

"Or me? Me apne mann kya karu?" He asked making Roohi's eyed widened. Her mother in law chuckled. She kissed Roohi's forehead. "Me tum dono ke liye achi se chai laati hu" she says and flee to the kitchen.

Rehab turned to his wife who was now glaring at him with gritting teeths. "Ap jhute h!" She says aiming a pillow at him.

Which he caught very easily. "Woh toh hu, or kuch?" He shrugged at her words.

"Ap .. ap ek khooni h!!" She says the last part with disgust. Rehab clenched his jaw and took a large step towards her, gripping her chin. Their breathings got mingled. Making her heart fastened.

"Khoon? Me sath khoon or kar du jab baat meri family ki ho!" He whispered making her eyes widened.

She gulped nervously at his words and soo their proximity. "Ap khuda nhi h" she mumbled with strange feeling she was feeling now. It was not fear. But a small part of betrayal. He chuckled nodding his head in no.

"Or muje ap acha insan bhi na smjhe! Me sirf utna hi acha hua jitna samne wala achayi ke layak h" he says tucking her hair behind her ear.

She looked at him thinking why was this mysterious? Or she misunderstood him?

While here, Ruhaan had a short conversation with the doctor. Who told him that his father in law was not that much injured. The bullet had just touched his upper flesh and no harm was done. He would be recovering soon. He sighed and decided to check upon Rooh.

Dialling her no. He soo wished to have a video call with her. But she uses a keypad phone. Here Rooh flinched when her phone vibrated. She picked her phone and answered the call. "Jii Ruhaan ji" she said in a low whisper.

Ruhaan sucked a deep breath. "Rooh tum thik ho?" He questioned as he drives back to haveli.

She hummed. Laying back on the bed. "Ap kab tak aa rahe h?" She questioned changing the topic. "Bss raste me hu" he says making her hummed again. After this no words exchanged between them. They both went quite, until she again goes into a deep slumber.

---

To be continued 🤍