Chapter 5

Isha

This insufferable prince.

I was on the verge of getting ready for bed after a lovely meeting with the prince and the King, when the vigorous vibrations of my phone catch my attention. There are five messages from an unknown number.

A sigh leaves my mouth as I slip inside the warm comforter, turn off the bed-lamp and open my phone to see what Prince High Horse (the nickname suits him) has to say during bedtime.

Prince High Horse: Good evening, Miss Sen. This is Prince Calix Mercuro Sonata Liorsa Tiore. I will be using this number to keep in touch with you. It will be appreciated if you do not share this contact number with anyone else, because it will not only be considered as an act of sharing confidential information, but also, a possible punishment for the leak of personal information like that of my number.

The rolling of my eyes is justified. The way he always talks makes me believe then and there that royal princes are so very different from Disney royal movies or even historical dramas. At least they are gentlemen, unlike a certain someone.

The message isn't finished though at that. It continues in four more.

Prince High Horse: Now let us get done with the terms and conditions. I will list down a few. If you would like to add more, feel free to let me know what you have to say as well.

• The nature of this relationship is strictly that of business. Apart from posing as a loving couple in front of the citizens of Syncitia, we are nothing but acquaintances.

• Till the next Summer, please avoid going out on dates with anyone who is not me. The paparazzi may get out of control, now that you are under their radar.

• No one, not even your family or close friends, should have knowledge about our fake dating deal. The truth of our relationship being false, remains between you, me, His Majesty, Robert (father's secretary) and Audrey (my secretary). Queen Veronica and Crown Prince Carlos will also be informed about this plan.

• In public, during required circumstances to show physical affection, we will limit it to only hands holding, embracing and perhaps, if necessary, forehead or cheek kisses. Absolutely, NO lip kisses. Not even a peck. If people inquire, we will say that we aren't comfortable with sharing lip kisses in front of others.

Prince High Horse: After two days, we have a press conference to attend. Be prepared by eight in the morning. A ride from the Royal Palace will be sent to pick you up. We will announce about our relationship and clear the confusion that has generated in front of the press, that day.

Prince High Horse: And please, try to wear a decent dress and not a shirt that ridicules politics. If you do not have any such formal dresses, let me know, I will buy and deliver few dresses to your house.

Prince High Horse: It would also be appreciated if you could reduce your tendency of spouting profanities and speaking informally. This includes putting a pause to your clumsy behaviour as well.

Prince High Horse: Have a good night's sleep, Miss Sen.

Good night's sleep, my foot. I am sure Calix is over the moon now that he has successfully and completely ruined my sleep.

What am I going to do even?

Oh well, I do type back replies in my own way.

Miss Sen: I have read all the terms and conditions with utmost concentration, but I am deeply embarrassed to answer that I have absolutely no intention of changing my attitude for someone else. For your kind information, I have basic knowledge of formal attires and behavioural etiquettes. Today, I was simply surprised as it appears you guys have a tendency to announce a sudden meeting with royals and bringing them to their residence, without any prior information, I suppose.