Chapter 23

Calix

I knock for the fifth time, not receiving any response from the woman who has locked herself inside the bathroom for the past twelve minutes. None but trembling sobs of Isha can be heard from inside.

"Isha. I am sorry." I say softly, my heart clenching at the sounds of her snivels. She is embarrassed, and I want to embrace the girl and tell her that there is nothing to feel chagrined about. But I cannot do that if Isha doesn't speak to me. However, I am willing to give her the space she requires to collect her composure.

"I didn't know that you were on your periods." I continue apologetically. "Isha, don't feel humiliated. So please. Please don't cry thinking I feel appalled or anything because I don't."

"I am not crying over you." Her muffled voice comes at last. She sniffles, before adding, "It's because...it's because..."

"Because?" I ask tenderly, urging her to continue.

"I don't have pads at home."

"You don't have pads at home. That's alright." Wait, what?

"Come again?" I question, thinking if I've heard wrong the first time.

"I don't have pads at home. I forgot to buy some, last month." Isha answers, but her voice tone suggests she is close to tears again.

"Wait, wait, don't cry." I hurriedly say. "I'll do something. I'll go and buy some pads now."

I am scared and nervous. I have never bought pads. I don't even know how pads' packets look. Do I need to know the measurement of Isha's vagina? Or perhaps the size of her underwear to determine the pad size I need to bring.

I'll go there and see for myself. There's no way I am going to ask Isha for the size of her panties or vagina's measurement. The girl will probably block me everywhere, refuse to ever talk to me, and give me a black eye if I ask her such a question.

"Are you sure you can do that?" Isha's unsure voice asks.

"Of course." Although I answer confidently, only I know how bad my strained smile is trembling. "I'll be right back."

"Wait!"

I halt, hearing Isha's steps. She soon speaks up, however, "There are some spare clothes of my previous roommate's fiancé, in the room across the living room. You might want to change your shirt."

"Oh, that won't be necessary." Saying that, I turn around to come face to face with my reflection in the mirror in the room. And when I do, my confident smile takes a fraction of second to die down.

I am so drenched that my chest is visible through my white shirt. And to think Isha got to see me in such a state, that I didn't even know I was in, is even more mortifying.

"Or perhaps I should change." I mumble, exiting the room.

" I mumble, exiting the room