Chapter 24

Isha

My ears perk up at the sound of the door opening. I did give Calix the passcode to my apartment and hopefully, it is him only and not a concerned plus stressed Aria who in that situation, would have somehow got to know about my accident from Lola.

Thankfully, it is Calix and me ultimately giving up on my murder plan on Lola (she hasn't yet told Aria anything, it seems).

"Here are your pads." I lean forward from the slightly ajar door, making sure to not give a view of my half-naked self to Calix, who fortunately has his head turned around the other side.

My brows furrow at the three packets. I generally use large sized pads on the first two days because of my heavy flow, but after that, the rest of the days go smoothly with regular sized ones. I rarely use extra large pads (specifically used on long journeys, by me), because of its extremely high price. Also, Calix did not just buy large packets of the three sized pads from the brand Ultra Smooth. Ultra Smooth is known for its qualitative but highly expensive sanitary pads, in the entirety of Syncitia. I have never myself bought a single packet from the aforementioned brand.

"I'll freshen up and come outside in a moment." I say to the man standing outside, and make a mental note to make him blurt out the exact expense so that I can pay him back, although it will hurt my monthly savings.

"Also," I add, when a sudden thought strikes me, "Please don't remove the comforter from my bed. And do not even think of looking at the covers. You will be horrified, trust me."

"Oh, if you are talking about the blood stain, I had already put the stained cover in the laundry basket I found outside your room and changed the bedcovers into new ones, before I went out."

My jaw hangs open. I am extremely thankful and find it heart fluttering for some reason at this thoughtful gesture but there was no need for him to do so. Not at least for a mere woman, Calix has met about more than a month ago.

"You didn't have to do that, you know."

"I know." I can feel his smile through the closed door. "But I wanted to. I'll see if I can find things to scrub off the stain."

"Wait, there's no need-"

In vain, the prince is already out of my room as I hear my bedroom door shutting close.

My heart has been thrumming a lot, lately, and I do not like it. Not one bit.

"What's all this?"

"What's all this?"

I gasp at the sight in front of me. Being a messy person, I have never made my bed so nicely and comfortably like Calix has. It's not even dinner time, but my eyes are on the verge of giving in to the exhaustion of the entire day.

Also, because last night I couldn't get a wink of sleep.

"So, while you were freshening up, I read some articles online." Calix admits, scratching the back of his head. "There it was written, women need to be comfortable during periods, especially when they go through cramps."