Chapter 16

Isha

"I'll wait outside, Miss Sen."

I nod as soon as Kev, Prince Calix's bodyguard leaves the spacious room and me in the presence of a female doctor. She smiles at me and I can muster up only a subtle one, in return.

"I am Dr Georgia, Miss Sen," the lady, who appears to be in her late thirties, says to me before taking a notepad out of one of the drawers. "May I see your wrists?"

I place my hands on the table, barely wincing in pain when the doctor turns them around softly to have a closer examination. Memories of Killian's tight grasp and his will to twist my arms, burden my head. The fear overcomes my emotions and I have to remind myself that I am safe. And away from him.

"Miss Sen?"

I jerk my head up, realizing that I didn't pay attention to the doctor's prior words. I say, "Yes?"

"I asked, how were your wrists bruised?"

I gulp, "I crashed against books."

"That is odd," Georgia frowns, not completely buying my lame excuse, "Are you sure? Because I can clearly see fresh scratches and fingerprints."

I wrack my mind, thinking of a more rational answer. "There was another person in the library. We sort of crashed together, and out of fear, they grasped my wrists, which ultimately formed the bruises."

Partially, it isn't a lie. I was truly with someone in the library, and he did grab my wrists. The only difference is that, it wasn't out of fear. Rather, deep hostility that he bears for me.

"Oh, that makes sense now," Dr Georgia says, finally buying my lie.

She stands up, walks away and in no time brings two ice bags. The cool sensation that overflows over my bruises, helps in lessening the physical pain. Georgia makes small talk while continuing to ice my wrists, at least for the next ten minutes until her phone rings.

She picks it up, excusing herself. "Dr Georgia speaking, who is this?"

Knitting her eyebrows, as if deep in concern, she asks further questions, "Does the wounds require immediate medical attention?...Oh, that doesn't sound like a minor injury, then."

A quick glance at me gives me the impression that someone has summoned her. "I'll be there in a moment."

"What is it?" Curiosity gets the best of me, especially after seeing how conflicted the doctor appears to be.

"Well, one of the royal guards has been injured and needs immediate medical attention. They need my assistance—"

"You should go." I smile. "My bruises are minor. I will ice my wrists for some time."

"But both your wrists are in pain—"

The door opens, interrupting Georgia's sentence. Both of our heads turn to the arrival of the new person, and quite literally, I feel surprised, as well as cautious, seeing Crown Prince Carlos walk in.

"Your Royal Highness, what brings you here?" Georgia asks at the arrival of the unexpected third person, who doesn't seem injured or sick in any way or manner.

"You may go ahead, Dr Georgia." Carlos speaks, his eyes which always glint with amusement turning serious for some reason when he keeps his steady vision on my bruised wrists. "I'll ice Miss Sen's wrists."

Wait, what?

"That is so generous of you, Your Royal Highness!" Georgia exclaims in happiness, clearly relieved that she doesn't have to ignore one patient for another. She quickly scribbles down the name of some ointments and medicines, and tears the page off from her notepad before placing it in front of me, on the table. "I have listed down the names of some anti-inflammatory painkillers and ointments for faster and better healing of your bruises. And..."